Creatures in Pamaltela

Manu

Martin Helsdon did a very great job in Google plus, by gathering many common creatures in Pamaltela (And Genertela)

But I can hardly find any stats in the existing books (but I don't have them all).

Here is the list

Amebelodon shovel-tuskers, Anaconda, Andrewsarchus, Arctodus, Arsinoitherium, Baluchithere, Bat, Crocodile, Eland, field elephant, Fire Wren, Fish Eagle, Frog, Giant Sloth, Gigantopithecus, Glyptodon, Gomphotheres, Green Heron, Hippopotamus, Homotherium, Jaguar, Lion, Milk Antelope, Rhinoceros (two), Sea going crocodiles, Sky bulls, Sivatherium, Stegodon, Sun Fish People, Tiger, Titanothere, Trihorn rhinoceros, Vulture, Warthog, Wildebeest

Thanks

• Like 1

You will find a version for few of those in the Encounter Generator. Should be easy to mod if and when needed - they are for d100 based game anyway.

The following are missing from there

Andrewsarchus, Arctodus, Arsinoitherium, Eland, field elephant, Fire Wren, Fish Eagle, Frog, Giant Sloth, Gigantopithecus, Gomphotheres, Green Heron, Hippopotamus, Homotherium, Milk Antelope, Sivatherium, Stegodon, Sun Fish People,  Trihorn rhinoceros, Warthog, Wildebeest

Where did you get the above list, some of those I do not recognise.

Generator should contain almost all of the Anaxial and other published stats in d100 format. 

--h

Edited by hkokko

3 hours ago, Manu said:

Martin Helsdon did a very great job in Google plus, by gathering many common creatures in Pamaltela (And Genertela)

But I can hardly find any stats in the existing books (but I don't have them all).

Here is the list

Amebelodon shovel-tuskers, Anaconda, Andrewsarchus, Arctodus, Arsinoitherium, Baluchithere, Bat, Crocodile, Eland, field elephant, Fire Wren, Fish Eagle, Frog, Giant Sloth, Gigantopithecus, Glyptodon, Gomphotheres, Green Heron, Hippopotamus, Homotherium, Jaguar, Lion, Milk Antelope, Rhinoceros (two), Sea going crocodiles, Sky bulls, Sivatherium, Stegodon, Sun Fish People, Tiger, Titanothere, Trihorn rhinoceros, Vulture, Warthog, Wildebeest

Thanks

The following beasts (and their stats) are available in the new Glorantha Bestiary:

• Lions (p.150)
  • Rhinoceroses (p.156)
  • Sky Bulls (p.124)
  • Titanothere (p.160)
  • Like 2

Crocodiles are in the bestiary, salt water crocodiles are a bit bigger than other species, the largest reptiles alive on earth, ‘salties’ as they are known in Australia get to 4.5m long fairly regularly, and can get as big as 7m - yes, they are dangerous and terrifying, as they do consider humans to be prey, the Giant Crocodile stats don’t seem too far off for a big male. 

I think a fire wren is just a wren, probably with some fiery coloration, and so not really something you’d need stats for. The fire wren people are hsunchen/fiwan people with significant magic, but their totem animals aren’t anything that would be a threat. I think similarly green herons are probably just herons. Sun fish are big fish, but not very dangerous ones to humans -again it’s their associated fiwan that matter. The fish eagle you could adapt the vrok hawk?

Stats for baluchitheres are in the RQ3 creatures book, I think.