How to get RQ6?

shane

Well, yeah...

5E is actually cheaper than that if you buy from Amazon, but I get your point.

When I have the funds I will buy RQ6 and join the ranks of believers. I already have all the Legend books and Magic World. All I need are RQ and Open Quest, which I also intend to get at some future date.

::: Shane

::: It's better to have loved and lost than to never have had a good pair of speakers.

If you have LEGEND then you don't need RQ6; but I would certainly advise getting RQ6 because it plays just a bit better than LEGEND.

Its also a great book to have in your collection, and its designed not to be superceded anytime soon.

I have over 25yrs involved in the rpg hobby, and RQ6 is one of the best all-in-one rulebooks on the market today. If you want to play historical, fictional, or mythical ancient or medieval settings then these are the rules for it.

• Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

My problem isn't so much locating a copy as finding folks to play with.  In my area, game stores host D&D, Pathfinder Society is actively recruiting at conventions, but D100 enthusiasts are as elusive as CoC cultists.  I know they're out there because someone is buying the (slim selection of) product at my FLGS, but they don't put up recruiting fliers or make their presence known.  RQ6 may indeed be the best fantasy game ever, but nobody here is beating the drum for it.  :(

"I cast my Mega-Market Saturation spell!"

My problem isn't so much locating a copy as finding folks to play with.  In my area, game stores host D&D, Pathfinder Society is actively recruiting at conventions, but D100 enthusiasts are as elusive as CoC cultists.  I know they're out there because someone is buying the (slim selection of) product at my FLGS, but they don't put up recruiting fliers or make their presence known.  RQ6 may indeed be the best fantasy game ever, but nobody here is beating the drum for it.  :(

"I cast my Mega-Market Saturation spell!"

I think most of us can agree with you seneschal. There aren't many D100 enthusiasts out there. But slowly more are seeing the appeal of the classless/leveless system that D100 is!

Speaking of which, nice to see you here Shane!

Skunk - 285/420 BRP book

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall

Long Beach Dub Allstars & Black Eyed Peas

Even more of a problem in Australia than it would be in the USA, UK, or Western Europe !!! Usually when I post this I am told that Melbourne has a reasonable BRP presence, like it's just around the corner heh heh if you are in Brisbane then it's more like telling someone in Dallas to go find the BRP troupe in Boston!

It forced me out of BRP into other systems, which was not a bad thing. But the logics of BRP always bring it back to me as a home system, and sometimes I steal modern approaches from other systems and apply them to BRP.

But I think I am getting old now I tend to just want to run a version of BRP or RQ these days, I can pretty much cover most genres with these. It's a pity that it does not have the same presence as D20, Storyteller, Savage Worlds, or even GURPS. I would be happy if it was as well known as FATE ( which is one of the few other systems I would consider running)

Anyway I try to promote BRP and RQ where possible...

• Like 1

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

Although it's $60.00 it is a complete game with phenomenon content, 456 pages, and you get the PDF included.

On a phenomenon-per-page basis the game is actually a steal.

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb

Even more of a problem in Australia than it would be in the USA, UK, or Western Europe !!! Usually when I post this I am told that Melbourne has a reasonable BRP presence, like it's just around the corner heh heh if you are in Brisbane then it's more like telling someone in Dallas to go find the BRP troupe in Boston!

Melbourne, Melbourne. ... Isn't that where Elric comes from?  :huh:

;D

• Like 1

Heh heh, Again with the Melbourne thing ...!

Yes it might as well be Melnibone :-)

I've got a troupe over here, but I hate to view my fate in a few years...oh well!

• 2 weeks later...