Peaceful cut and Food song

Manu

12 hours ago, Jeff said:

None of the above, likely. Probably he's just a local cult with nothing more than lay members. No magic received, just Peaceful Cut taught from butcher to apprentice. But Waha gets worshiped nonetheless.

I've always thought that lay members need to worship, and for worship you need priests and sanctified areas.

Perhaps this is taking a bit out of the Pelorian book for worship - there you have the Enverinus (lower Yelm) priesthood which basically presides over all worship rites of the other acceptable cults in the Empire. A holy person (rune level) of the cult may be present, and may perform the worship service, but lacking that, the stand-in priest will do.

Waha would be an associted cult of both Orlanth and Ernalda, and absent a regular holy person of Waha, the worship rite may be conducted by one of those god-speakers or priests. (Who may jump at the opportunity for the extra worship service they conduct, easing the POW gain...)

Telling how it is excessive verbis

6 hours ago, Jeff said:

Bison is the Pelorian Storm Bull.

@Jeff

Can I just ask a follow-up because this is why I asked? I'm not trying to be difficult.

KefTavar's name appears to mean "Storm Bull". His wife is Esus, daughter of Alk, who is Eiritha, daughter of Ernalda, unless I'm really confused. Their children are Bisos and Kereus, which is why I was like... Bisos is Waha? Maybe he changed a lot.

1 hour ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

@Jeff

Can I just ask a follow-up because this is why I asked? I'm not trying to be difficult.

KefTavar's name appears to mean "Storm Bull". His wife is Esus, daughter of Alk, who is Eiritha, daughter of Ernalda, unless I'm really confused. Their children are Bisos and Kereus, which is why I was like... Bisos is Waha? Maybe he changed a lot.

Bisos is the human-oriented aspect of Storm Bull, KefTavar is the primal bull aspect of Storm Bull. Esus is Eiritha. 

I believe Kereus is a Waha-analogue, but not Waha. Bisos on the other hand has most of the social functions of Storm Bull. Think of him as a demigod son of Storm Bull who gets worshiped while KefTavar retreats into the background.

• Like 1

In places like Esrolia, Waha gets worshiped as a little associated cult with Eiritha the Cattle Goddess (who gets loads of names in polyglot Nochet). They worship cattle (as who wouldn't) but the little Butcher cult is effectively lay members.

I think stuff like that is probably pretty common. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Bisos is the human-oriented aspect of Storm Bull, KefTavar is the primal bull aspect of Storm Bull. Esus is Eiritha. 

I believe Kereus is a Waha-analogue, but not Waha. Bisos on the other hand has most of the social functions of Storm Bull. Think of him as a demigod son of Storm Bull who gets worshiped while KefTavar retreats into the background.

Thank you! Sorry for being a nudge (noodj? sorry, that's a Yiddishism I don't know how to spell exactly). So it's like Turos and his dad, it's just a self-emanation. Both are Bisos!

Thanks!

Edited by Qizilbashwoman

Another way of looking at the KefTavar/Bisos thing is that during the Dawn Age loads of Praxians migrated to what is now Charg.  As a result, there would have been considerable religious synthesis of the two traditions even if their mythologies didn't match.

• Like 1