Mythras & YARPS - Campaign Management & Resources

lawrence.whitaker

The Design Mechanism is pleased to announce that we have entered into an exciting new partnership with YARPS, a smart, modern, web application full of fantastic digital tools for pen-and-paper role-playing, which is running on Kickstarter right now.

Even though the campaign goal was reached after 2 hours since the campaign went live, there are still 4 days left on the clock for you to to earn rewards offered in the YARPS Kickstarter campaign exclusively.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1310939429/yarps-the-smart-web-application-for-role-playing-games?fbclid=IwAR38uOhrtIb18VhMcpgu2LaWhZ4_h7BlzPis60u9iVbIesRvWm3PPlahvns

YARPS is a digital tool for pen&paper RPGs which is aiming for a feature set considered to exceed by far what is currently offered by other solutions for world building and campaign management. Some essentials are automatic chronicles, a portrait generator, sound management and interactive maps, just to name a few.

With this partnership, the YARPS team will be developing the Mythras Imperative rules for the application, with further, more detailed integration of Mythras elements (such as the various magic systems, creatures, and even campaign settings) to come as the partnership matures.

We're delighted to be working on YARPS and to bring Mythras to GMs and players in a new way!

the-design-mechanism-yarps-partnership.jpeg

• Like 1

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

Looks great and has a lot of stuff on the Kickstarter Page.

However, from reading it, I still have absolutely no idea what it actually does.

I seem to be able to sign up for a certain period, what does that give me? What happens after that period expires? Do I have to pay further?

What does signing up give me?

What tools does it have that I can't do in excel or Google Sheets?

I am confused.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

It acts as an organisational tool for all associated campaign resources. Character sheets, maps, NPCs, locations, storylines, and so on. It's a relational database that links everything together in a seamless way, and can associate these assets with a given rule-set.

If you're super-organised and used to doing things with Excel and other tools, it may not be for you. However, it's capabilities are quite impressive for those who like applications designed to organise information in a certain way.

• Like 3

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

On 12/6/2019 at 11:49 PM, lawrence.whitaker said:

It acts as an organisational tool for all associated campaign resources. Character sheets, maps, NPCs, locations, storylines, and so on. It's a relational database that links everything together in a seamless way, and can associate these assets with a given rule-set.

If you're super-organised and used to doing things with Excel and other tools, it may not be for you. However, it's capabilities are quite impressive for those who like applications designed to organise information in a certain way.

So is there a way to input data from the TDM pdfs into this tool, or will the tool come with material already ready to be unlocked?

Telling how it is excessive verbis