Eternal Champion VTT Resources

Hionhurn

Does anyone have any suggestions for material, tokens maps etc that could be used to run EC games on Roll20. 

I was looking for Stormbringer 3e as I am hoping to run the old White Dwarf's Madcap Laughs (have any really techie folks have created one?)

A Corum RPG one would be good also 😉

I've just checked and the following character sheets are available -

• Stormbringer 4e 
  • Elric! / Stormbringer 5e
  • Hawkmoon
  • Hawkmoon (Mongoose Publishing)

Any help appreciated, but I hope this will be useful to others too 🙂

Edited by Hionhurn
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Are you asking for free/public domain assets that people might recommend, or are you asking if there are any Roll20 marketplace assets that would be a good fit? Obviously, official maps and artwork would fall under copyright rules, so that can't be legally shared, but there are plenty of ways to generate character tokens on your own from whatever collections of art are floating around that you like. Just use a program like Irfanview to do a batch conversion/clipping/resizing and save the output to .PNG and then upload the art to Roll20.

I've purchased a couple of these counter/token collections and they are pretty good and there's enough variety in character models to be adaptable to a lot of different kinds of fantasy milieus:https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/14/Fiery-Dragon/subcategory/50_683/Counter-Collections

The Epic Isometric stuff is quite good and also includes a lot of map tiles in addition to tokens (if you like the more "sketched" style of art):https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/11560/WarDrumRPG

Beyond that look around the internet for portrait packs for games like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, etc. and that will give you some more options.

Edited by Nick J.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Nick,

Many thanks for the feedback, just to be clear I'm not looking for any material unless it is strictly legit, I am however interested in public domain/free assets as well as substitute token packs as you have suggested with your very useful links and I'll be looking through those in detail as the app you suggest for making tokens.

I'm relatively new to Roll20 as a GM (been a player for a while) and I haven't gotten to grips with creating character sheets,  so am looking out for a SB3 and/or Corum character sheet with the dice rolling mechanism embedded as I have experience during play of CoC7e and D&D5e.

If no one has one they can point out to me that is legal to buy or share then I'll fall back on using SB5e  as I'm planning to present Madcap Laughs to a group of friends who are also fans of all things MM. 

Keep well,

H.

1 minute ago, Hionhurn said:

Hi Nick,

Many thanks for the feedback, just to be clear I'm not looking for any material unless it is strictly legit, I am however interested in public domain/free assets as well as substitute token packs as you have suggested with your very useful links and I'll be looking through those in detail as the app you suggest for making tokens.

I'm relatively new to Roll20 as a GM (been a player for a while) and I haven't gotten to grips with creating character sheets,  so am looking out for a SB3 and/or Corum character sheet with the dice rolling mechanism embedded as I have experience during play of CoC7e and D&D5e.

If no one has one they can point out to me that is legal to buy or share then I'll fall back on using SB5e  as I'm planning to present Madcap Laughs to a group of friends who are also fans of all things MM. 

Keep well,

H.

The Stormbringer 4e sheet is pretty close to 3e, but my experience with most BRP type sheets is that none of them will capture everything you need (that Elric!/SB5 sheet looks like it's a very recent addition and seems quite good however). The best Roll20 sheets I've seen are for Mythras and Renaissance (but that doesn't help you here).

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2020 at 7:43 PM, Nick J. said:

The Stormbringer 4e sheet is pretty close to 3e, but my experience with most BRP type sheets is that none of them will capture everything you need (that Elric!/SB5 sheet looks like it's a very recent addition and seems quite good however). The best Roll20 sheets I've seen are for Mythras and Renaissance (but that doesn't help you here).

I am currently using the Stormbringer 4e sheet on Roll 20. I'd say it is almost entirely identical to 3e except for the summoning rules (unified summoning skill).

Note that the sheet has some house rules in it (hit locations), but they are optional and you can hide them using the settings button on the sheet.

Finally, there are a few glitches (does not roll parries). 

NB

I do not know who made the sheet. I owe him/her a beer. Thanks!

Feel free to update any of the Resource material (http://www.stormbringerrpg.com/?page_id=2888) found on the Stormbringerrpg.com site. All legally able to be used (although you'll need to do the 'automation' yourself, sorry). 

Stormbringer! - Exploring the worlds of the Eternal Champion at http://www.stormbringerrpg.com

Unbound Publishing - Bringing back the fear - http://www.unboundbook.org

DCtRPG.info - Supporting Dark Conspiracy across the decades - http://www.darkconspiracytherpg.com

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
11 hours ago, Questbird said:

Unfortunately one of my Elric! regulars refuses to participate online.

I was very reluctant to start play online. I relented after using Roll20 for maps during face to face games for several months. That soon evolved into using the tool for character sheets as well. Now, I play mostly online. I have to say, I don't miss having a group in my home. I have found the online experience to be interesting and very fun. I have been able to play several different systems with people from all over the world.

12 hours ago, Imaginosmusic said:

I was very reluctant to start play online. I relented after using Roll20 for maps during face to face games for several months. That soon evolved into using the tool for character sheets as well. Now, I play mostly online. I have to say, I don't miss having a group in my home. I have found the online experience to be interesting and very fun. I have been able to play several different systems with people from all over the world.

I'd never played RPGs online before last year. I've managed to squeeze in a couple of face to face sessions over the last year and a half, but also quite a few online sessions. Like you I've been able to try some new systems and play with friends in different countries. I still prefer face to face but when online, why not use its advantages? It's good not only for connecting with distant people, but also for in-game sound effects or ambient sounds, and visual props.

Edited by Questbird

On 9/17/2021 at 8:32 PM, Questbird said:

Unfortunately one of my Elric! regulars refuses to participate online.

c'est dommage, that sucks. I am not a fan of online but I am a fan of RPGs... and when in a pandemic, well.

16 hours ago, Imaginosmusic said:

I have been able to play several different systems with people from all over the world.

that’s what I am talking about!

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm in the process of setting up a Maptools campaign file for running Elric of Melnibone, MRQII/Legend. It'll be just a basic campaign file. PC (and NPC) Tokens will have characteristics and core attributes pre-calculated, macros for basic die rolling, rolling hit locations, backgrounds, combat fumbles. The skill roll macro evaluates the 'roll' against the various difficulty grade modifiers and so on. The intent is not for Maptools to replicate a full character sheet but do the heaving lifting for PC creation which players will then manage however they choose; digitally via a spreadsheet (I've setup a Google sheet for this for my own use) or for those really old-school players, a pen & paper character sheet or domething in between. 

I'll post the .cmpgn file here for anyone interested once I've sorted the initiative macros.

The reason I'm using Maptools over Roll20 or Foundry is cost. Maptools does all I want at nil cost, where the same features in Roll20 /Foundry and so on require a subscription or upfront purchase+hosting fees...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this is an old topic, but maybe you can help me...! I'd like to know if there is a module to play old BRP settings using FoundryVTT.
Actually, I would like to play Hawkmoon NE, which is the French 2nd edition of Hawkmoon, which shares the Elric! system.
What would you advise me to do?
Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2024 at 1:48 PM, Loicll said:

I know this is an old topic, but maybe you can help me...! I'd like to know if there is a module to play old BRP settings using FoundryVTT.
Actually, I would like to play Hawkmoon NE, which is the French 2nd edition of Hawkmoon, which shares the Elric! system.
What would you advise me to do?
Thanks!

I don't know anything about Foundry, but there's a pretty decent Hawkmoon NE sheet for Roll20.  By the way, it's a great game.