Your Dumbest Theory

scott-martin

8 hours ago, scott-martin said:

One day we'll know how the earth element comes through the hero wars, who was right and who was wrong and who, as in the Alice books, will be queen. That transformation is coming. However, this is their story to tell and not mine. I await the coming of the Samastina Enthusiasts to delight my old age (tiresias reference) with the complexities of it.

That's one of the Hero Wars tales I want to hear! (Hail Inkarne!) 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

17 hours ago, theconfusingeel said:

Not exactly a theory, but what do you guys think are cases of mythology changing during time?
Like things the god learners changed(other than the explicit things like C&A or the goddess switch), or how you could apperantly get humakt magic through Orlanth in the first age.

Magic changes at the end of each Age. 

I can worry about it and wonder what magic was like in preceding Ages, or I can go "OK, it changed but this is what magic is like now". I choose not to worry.

• Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

16 hours ago, scott-martin said:

One day we’ll know how the earth element comes through the hero wars, who was right and who was wrong and who, as in the Alice books, will be queen. That transformation is coming.

• La-ungariant is depicted as a woman with bare breasts and an elaborate headdress and necklaces. She is sometimes depicted as having the head of a horse. — Prosopaedia (PDF, p. 74)
  • Something is wrong with this picture: a woman’s body should not be a dashboard of the state of the war, but …
  • :20-element-earth: = “reptiles” = sauropsida = “lizard faces”
  • :20-element-fire: = birds = aves ⊆ sauropsida
  • :20-element-air: = mammals ⊆ synapsida
  • One day soon, the “horse queen” will grow Her own feathers, Her exposed chest will show only scales, and that long face will seem more coelurosaur than ungulate. No longer a milk-beast, She will have regained Her power.
  • On that day, the tyranny of Air will be shrugged off and Earth will repossess the Sky. Larynxes will be torn out, and syrinxes everywhere will hymn Her.
  • The stubborn dragon-flesh grows day by day back again.

Feathers

Spoiler
  • Dinosaurs are better than squishy, mammalian “earth mothers” — fangs and claws beat barefoot and pregnant, every time.
  • Dendara–Gorgorma isn’t playing chess with Herself, She is wargaming the revolution.
  • “Ernalda” is a slave name.
  • The horse is a domesticated animal, and no broken creature is the epitome of beauty.
  • Never trust anyone who says that violence is their permanent recourse (but not yours).
  • If biology is destiny, seize control of the means of reproduction.
  • “Firestone” is the perfect name in this context.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

NOTORIOUS VØID CULTIST

On 10/12/2024 at 12:39 PM, Ali the Helering said:

Why do we accept the Yelmite belief that the Godswall is a depiction of their pantheon? 

Since we know it has been painted and repainted over Time, if not before, the iconography is massively suspect, as are (obviously) Plentonius' identifications.

It has, but it's painting over deep rock carving.

Plentonius was an unadulterated prig who wandered round with a yellow hood over his head so he wouldn't see impurity [led by his earthly servants].
He can barely be trusted to give an unbiased account of Solar History, His truth, not, 'the Truth'.

• Helpful 1

1 hour ago, scott-martin said:

but where is zorak zoran?

Cut-up says:

• Like the crust of the sun
    He could be dead
    He could be not
    He could be you …

• Standing tall in the dark
      In the blessed and cold
      Back at the kitchen door
      In the mind-warp pavilion

csc-zz.jpeg.2d718cfd5ee4cbb53d3c3299883b5f6e.jpeg

Spoiler

… or perhaps he left with Wally.

• Haha 1

NOTORIOUS VØID CULTIST

3 hours ago, Orlanthatemyhamster said:

It has, but it's painting over deep rock carving.

Plentonius was an unadulterated prig who wandered round with a yellow hood over his head so he wouldn't see impurity [led by his earthly servants].
He can barely be trusted to give an unbiased account of Solar History, His truth, not, 'the Truth'.

The trouble with deep rock carvings is that other things can be laid upon them - plaster, paint, hides etc, so that what they represent is entirely mutable.

Your point about Plentonius is exactly what I was meaning.  He is slightly worse than useless!

I think that there are very real possibilities for the 'mythology before Yelm' being depicted.  'The' being a very loaded word.

• Thanks 1