Enhance CHA - what Rune?

Shiningbrow

All the other characteristics have their own elemental Rune... But not poor old Charisma (the D12 of stats).

Personally, I don't like the idea of using any Rune (like in character creation), especially because that would allow any sorcerer to have the spell! (And it's got some very nice advantages!)

I'd thought Harmony or Fertility/Life... Or even Man.

But...???

d12 of Stats?!?!?!?! It limits your rune pool, how much spirit magic you can learn, spirit magic damage bonus and all your communincation skills. Glamour and Charisma are two of the most used spells in multiple of my campaigns!

As you cant buff a stat with a rune, iirc, then it's sort of a moot point but I'd rule on the situation rather than making a hard and fast rule linking it to one stat.

The Rune Spell Charisma uses Illusion, Fertility and Beast if that helps

Edited by Thaz

In the old days it would have been Communication, but as that is no longer a rune, a lot of runes would work. Mastery for a strong presence, Magic to be magically charismatic, Fertility for health, Death for the mean moody luck and so on.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

1 hour ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

yes sure

that's why my main concern in RQG is roll dices to determine characterics. Here I use house rule (dispatch points) then players can choose  what may become their characters.

Pretty sure that's the current rqg rule. Roll then assign 

7 hours ago, Thaz said:

I took it as meaning he was using a point buy of some kind (which is what I do - 32 points, using D&D3's point buy costs). I'll play one shots or whatever with randomly generated ability scores, but I won't play in campaigns that start that way. Call it a personal taste.

7 hours ago, Thaz said:

I don't think so? The way I read RQG's text is that you roll each stat one after the other. You get what you get (and you don't get upset!). But that kind of old-school method hasn't made much sense for the past 20 years. CoC offers alternative methods, and I would be disappointed if the upcoming RQG GM Guide wasn't also offering alternatives.

11 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

Personally, I don't like the idea of using any Rune (like in character creation), especially because that would allow any sorcerer to have the spell! (And it's got some very nice advantages!)

On the other hand, we know sorcerers always grow up to be cheating munchkins, so it would make sense that they all found a way to increase their CHA!

11 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

I'd thought Harmony or Fertility/Life... Or even Man.

I'd say Man or Spirit.

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

13 hours ago, Thaz said:

pretty sure not ;) but in all cases, my rules is all players dispatch the same amount, following the character they want to have, no roll.

I use roll only for heirloom and sometimes history, but it depends. If a player build a background i give him the "history bonus" based on his pain. If not, I let him roll the raw history.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

I use roll only for heirloom and sometimes history, but it depends.

In fact, RAW, history is 'Roll or Choose'.

2 hours ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

If a player build a background i give him the "history bonus" based on his pain.

Good. I like that.