References for the Battle of the Queens

claycle

3 hours ago, claycle said:

I intend for my players to experience first-hand the Battle of the Queens, but I need resources to flesh out the scenario for them.

Clues appreciated.

There’s some eve-of-battle stuff (tribes, leaders) in my scenario The Duel at Dangerford (first act, sections around “In the Sick-Tent of Queen Kallyr”). You might like it. Currently 25% off at DriveThruRPG.

• Like 1

Print sources are the Glorantha Sourcebook p.41-42 and Vasana’s Saga - 1626, Early Fire Season in the RQG core rules p.138. I don’t think the account in King of Sartar adds anything (this was the source for the sourcebook).

• Like 1

14 hours ago, claycle said:

Battle of the Queens

Jajagappa near the bottom of the following post describes how he ran it:

I presume you've read the Core Rules "Vasana's Saga" account, p138...

Stephen.

Edited by Stephen L
Already said in previous post!
  • Like 1

In addition to using their Battle skill, be sure to let the players use a rune or Passion, say "Loyalty Kallyr" or "Hate Lunar".  And maybe a couple of key skills.

"Leika needs someone to gallop over to the wavering Taraling clan and rally them to attack NOW.  Who will go?  For Sartar and the Storm!".

Roll your Ride and Orate ...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rodney Dangerduck said:

In addition to using their Battle skill, be sure to let the players use a rune or Passion, say "Loyalty Kallyr" or "Hate Lunar".  And maybe a couple of key skills.

"Leika needs someone to gallop over to the wavering Taraling clan and rally them to attack NOW.  Who will go?  For Sartar and the Storm!".

Roll your Ride and Orate ...

You can also let your players describe/narrate what happened based on the success or failure results.  E.g. failed Ride roll:  "arrows from the Lunar archers grazed my horse causing it to rear, and me to fall. I found myself amidst the melee."  In which case, either try to regain the horse to complete the task, or fight in the battle (i.e. roll once on Weapon skill).

• Like 1