Secrets of HeroQuesting (Jonstown Compendium)

soltakss

All you wanted to know about HeroQuesting but were afraid to ask.

No acid, poison or nastiness in this one. Well, minimal acid, one mention for the Baths of Nelat.
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

1 hour ago, soltakss said:

Sorry man, I truly wanted to edit that. I had no idea how much time the podcast was going to suck out of my life. Hope you will forgive me for bailing but this is really the first month above ground since May and I was sick most of that month. Oh well, no excuses or whining. The podcast is off the ground and you have a finished product! Congrats!

The MS I saw back then was incredible. I am sure this will be even better, folks!

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

1 hour ago, Loïc said:

Is a soft/hardcover version planned? (Yeah, my shelves didn't collapse yet) 😁

The current rules are that DTRPG won't even think about looking at a Print on Demand version until it reaches Electrum (251) sales.

Secrets of Dorastor is 9 sales away, Secrets of HeroQuesting is a lot more than 9 sales away, as it has not yet reached Bronze (51) sales, having only been out for 14 hours or so.

If it reaches Electrum seller, I will try and put it out as a Print on Demand, probably only softcover though.

58 minutes ago, Minlister said:

Will the POD offer the option of an acid-proof cover? 

Sure, it should be able to handle ascorbic acid or diluted acetic acid. Anything between PH 6.5 and 6.9 should be OK. 

1 hour ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Sorry man, I truly wanted to edit that. I had no idea how much time the podcast was going to suck out of my life. Hope you will forgive me for bailing but this is really the first month above ground since May and I was sick most of that month. Oh well, no excuses or whining. The podcast is off the ground and you have a finished product! Congrats!

No problem, Bill, I am aware that the initial presentation might have had issues.

1 hour ago, Bill the barbarian said:

The MS I saw back then was incredible. I am sure this will be even better, folks!

I split out the HeroQuests, for space reasons. They will be coming in future supplements, using the Secrets of HeroQuesting supplement as a framework.

• Like 4

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

5 hours ago, Snugz said:

Please tell me more about George Missinghands!  🤪

I think I saw his name in a fanzine, a long time ago, maybe Tales of the Reaching Moon or Tradetalk, or maybe I dreamt about him, I am not sure.

Googling him tells me that he was in Nick Effingham's HeroQuestung rules, so maybe that's where I saw him first. Anyway, it is such a cool idea that it needs to be spread more widely.

He is a Humakti Hero who lost both his hands, but gained a gift from Humakt to be able to wield a sword anyway. 

There was an NPC in Judges Guild's City of Lei tabor who lost an arm but gained a gift that he could use a 2H hammer one handed. George Missinghands does the same thing, but with no hands.

Edited by soltakss
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, soltakss said:

I think I saw his name in a fanzine, a long time ago, maybe Tales of the Reaching Moon or Tradetalk, or maybe I dreamt about him, I am not sure.

Oh wow seriously I thought you just made it up to see if we were paying attention!
I have all those issues so I'm sort of surprised I missed it. I will have to look.

I do love the idea. It is so Runequest, and Glorantha.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, soltakss said:

There was an NPC in Judges Guild's City of Lei tabor who lost an arm but gained a gift that he could use a 2H hammer one handed. George Missinghands does the same thing, but with no hands.

Nope.  I'm not going there.  I started to, but...nope.

!i!

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

• 1 month later...

Another 5-star review for Secrets of HeroQuesting, by James Solow: The details of how to run heroquests in Glorantha and the catalogue of references of materials about the know heroquests makes this one of the strongest supplements that I have ever bought. Look forward to future works by the author and his collaborators.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/326489/Secrets-of-HeroQuesting?affiliate_id=66807

• Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 12:57 PM, soltakss said:

Googling him tells me that he was in Nick Effingham's HeroQuestung rules, so maybe that's where I saw him first. Anyway, it is such a cool idea that it needs to be spread more widely.

He is a Humakti Hero who lost both his hands, but gained a gift from Humakt to be able to wield a sword anyway. 

There's a stage magician like that and he's amazing.

• 6 months later...

Another 5* Review for Secrets of HeroQuesting by Leon K, bringing it to five 5* Reviews and another nine 5* Ratings, making 14 in all:

This is something which has been missing a long time from RQ. A must supplement if you are planning to get you player involved in HeroQuesting in Rune Quest.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/326489/Secrets-of-HeroQuesting?affiliate_id=66807

• Like 1