Exploring Glorantha-A YouTube video series for newcomers and old fans alike

eknarfer

Hi Glorantha community!

I and my friend J-M started a little video series about Glorantha, our favorite fantasy game world a few months ago and released through he and his friends little organization Iconic Production (https://iconicproduction.wordpress.com/). We just did our fourth episode (we record live on YouTube for Patreon patrons on a Saturday) and it will go live for public consumption this coming weekend. The episodes can be found on YouTube (playlist link added below). We hope to spread our love of Glorantha, which, if you are here reading this, you probably already have. We look to bring in new fans and provide thoughtful discussion for old time fans. If you have someone who is wondering what it is all about, I hope we can help.

We discuss Glorantha in the context of all the official systems currently supported as well: RuneQuest, Questworlds and 13th Age Glorantha. 

We do this because we love Glorantha and Greg Stafford's vision, Chaosium for carrying on that vision with so many amazing authors, artists and contributors, and the wider Glorantha community which has kept Glorantha growing with Fanzines, Cons, Freeforms, homebrew rules, websites and now the Jonstown Compendium. This is our modest contribution, and if we can bring in a few more people to love the world like we do, then we think that is a job well done.

Check it out and tell a friend!

I try to be very responsive in the YouTube Comments section too, which has attracted a lot of awesome interaction (very much the exception to the rule of "never read the comments").

Keep gaming.

#WeAreAllUs

)

851100358_IconicProduction-ExploringGlorantha.png.0c9304b990e178b8fc09ce9490e50299.png

• Like 10

Evan Franke | Co-host of Exploring Glorantha (on YouTube for Iconic Production) | Author of the forthcoming fan publication Red Moon and Warring Kingdoms (in collaboration with Escalation! A 13th Age Fanzine)

Red%2BGoddess.png

1 hour ago, Storm Khan said:

Nice overview. I will listen further.

Thanks very much StormKhan! I hope you enjoy the other segments. We drop the next episode this weekend, and then pick back up in January 2021.

Feel free to leave any comments, observations or suggestions!

We are just getting started, so hearing feedback is definitely helpful.

And, if you do like the rest, please consider sharing! The more the merrier!

#WeAreAllUS

Evan Franke | Co-host of Exploring Glorantha (on YouTube for Iconic Production) | Author of the forthcoming fan publication Red Moon and Warring Kingdoms (in collaboration with Escalation! A 13th Age Fanzine)

Red%2BGoddess.png

@jholen thank you very much! We appreciate your kind words! Any feedback or suggestions are welcome. Glorantha is a huge, and happily unending topic, so knowing what people want to see us discuss or offer suggestions about is enormously helpful. If you have friends and relations who might find it interesting, point them our way! 

And Episode 4 is up! Last Episode for 2020, but we're back in January 2021 for our first crack at discussing heroquesting!

#WeAreAllUs

• Like 1

Red%2BGoddess.png

2 hours ago, eknarfer said:

@jholen thank you very much! We appreciate your kind words! Any feedback or suggestions are welcome. Glorantha is a huge, and happily unending topic, so knowing what people want to see us discuss or offer suggestions about is enormously helpful. If you have friends and relations who might find it interesting, point them our way! 

And Episode 4 is up! Last Episode for 2020, but we're back in January 2021 for our first crack at discussing heroquesting!

#WeAreAllUs

Any topic discussed is good for me. I dove in with the Guide and haven't let up. Got HQG, RQG and 13G. Looking to kick off a RQG set in the Red Cow Saga.

I think the only issue I noticed was your audio level seemed a bit low Evan on episode 2 compared to 1/3. However, I was listening while at work in my car so could have been on my end. Was gone in episode 3 so not sure if YT or hardware. 

• Like 2

I did get a new microphone so hopefully if it was a tech issue that is resolved. It will premier for episode 5 in January!

• Like 1

Red%2BGoddess.png

• 3 months later...

We have managed to keep things going and are six episodes in. More are coming on a basically monthly basis!

Here is the ever growing playlist:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Red%2BGoddess.png

• 1 month later...

And we are up to eight episodes now, zig zagging between exploring God Time and what it means for your game, and the original elemental pantheons and how they developed in the time before Time.

• Like 3

Red%2BGoddess.png

1 hour ago, skulldixon said:

I've been greatly enjoying the series and I am looking forward to more.

Thanks so much Skulldixon! It means a lot that people are enjoying the show and finding it useful and interesting. It definitely keeps J-M and I going, although, of course, the show is just a pretext for J-M and I to get together and spend an hour discussing Glorantha every month, because we like to do that anyway!

• Like 1

Red%2BGoddess.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 2:22 PM, Darius West said:

I look forwards to having a look at this. 🙂

Thanks! Please leave feedback in the comments (on YouTube). We appreciate engaging with our audience! 

Edited by eknarfer
typo and clarification

Red%2BGoddess.png