Thorn Top

Scorus

One of the sites listed in the Gamesmaster's Adventures is Thorn Top. The description solely says "Tanglethorns grow atop this hill at the edge of Tarndisi’s Grove."  A quick look at a few sources yielded nothing, is there anything else on this site from previous Glorantha publications or is this a mostly blank slate for GMs to fill in?

39 minutes ago, Scorus said:

One of the sites listed in the Gamesmaster's Adventures is Thorn Top. The description solely says "Tanglethorns grow atop this hill at the edge of Tarndisi’s Grove."  A quick look at a few sources yielded nothing, is there anything else on this site from previous Glorantha publications or is this a mostly blank slate for GMs to fill in?

I cannot place this on any map.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Hilltops and tanglethorns hmm... Maybe if you come by it and it's on fire you can speak with Makan.

But on a serious note no I have no idea why it's there, maybe to make the surroundings of Hound Knob more full of things that the players (or the hound) can use in their advantage. Is there any aldryami deity associated with thorns? 

:50-power-truth::50-sub-light::50-power-truth:

2 hours ago, Jape_Vicho said:

But on a serious note no I have no idea why it's there, maybe to make the surroundings of Hound Knob more full of things that the players (or the hound) can use in their advantage. Is there any aldryami deity associated with thorns? 

I can see a lot of interesting possibilities for it, but was curious whether there was already something. Or if it was going to be expanded upon in the Sartar book or such. It looks like a placeholder that someone didn't get back to.

At the moment I'm thinking of it as an enclave of renegade Runners or some kind of chaos-tainted former Gardener. Though it also could have been the hiding place for the Black Spear when it was cast into the wilderness.

2 hours ago, Scorus said:

I can see a lot of interesting possibilities for it, but was curious whether there was already something. Or if it was going to be expanded upon in the Sartar book or such. It looks like a placeholder that someone didn't get back to.

As I'm not seeing it on any of the maps that Jeff has shared to date for the Sartar book, I think you can take advantage of it (and position it around Tarndisi's Grove) as you wish.

7 hours ago, Tindalos said:

It's on the map of the Colymar and surrounding tribes

To confirm, for those still looking, Thorn Top is immediately below Hound Knob on the Colymar Tribes map (from GM screen pack), and occluded by garn for Anmangarn, on the Colymar Clans map.

In my game this are the same thorn plants that Tarndisi might gift seeds for, to the Thane of Apple Lane, as they are seeking to fortify Apple Lane.  (I’m seeing a MiddleEarth Bree bank and thorn fortification).  In return for a favour...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stephen L said:

To confirm, for those still looking, Thorn Top is immediately below Hound Knob on the Colymar Tribes map (from GM screen pack), and occluded by garn for Anmangarn, on the Colymar Clans map.

Well spotted, i was looking on the clans map:

87222000_Screenshot2021-01-13at12_50_02.png.db59520137ab67435d26c7b3b055cda4.png

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/