Adventures in Prax for roleplaying in Glorantha

The Dave

28 minutes ago, The Dave said:

I was wondering if there were any prewritten adventures  set in Prax for the latest Runequest system. thanks in advance

As Trotsky says, the Pairing Stones is, I think, the only official one. There is an upcoming book on Pavis and the Big Rubble, but it's still in production and will probably be released in 2022.

Over on the Jonstown Compendium (Chaosium's community content program on DriveThruRPG), @Nick Brooke has a PDF that lists all of the other Jonstown Compendium PDFs, and that includes a map to help you spot where things are set. The "Rubble Runners" and "Rubble Runners Redux" books offer some NPCs with adventure hooks in the area, but the one you really want is the Sandheart trilogy (volume 1 is here). Here's Nick's blurb on it:

A detailed sandbox setting (ha!) for police procedurals on the fringes of Sun County, Prax, including a straightforward drug- bust scenario vs. hazia-smugglers. Ten militia pregens can be used as adventurers or NPC backup. The remastered edition is lavishly illustrated and now includes four new pregens, new tasks for the militia and 19 pages of family history for Sun County.

Volumes 2 and 3 have more great mysteries and police shenanigans. Disclaimer: Nick is one of the authors, and I did a couple illustrations and maps.

Edited by lordabdul
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

Stone & Bone on the Jonstown Compendium (by @Diana Probst of Beer With Teeth) is another RQ scenario set in Prax.

And I am writing a mini-campaign that includes some Praxian bits, but it might not be done for a few more months...

6 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Stone & Bone on the Jonstown Compendium (by @Diana Probst of Beer With Teeth) is another RQ scenario set in Prax.

And I am writing a mini-campaign that includes some Praxian bits, but it might not be done for a few more months...

Thanks, Nick.  Yes, absolutely.  Stone and Bone's sequel is written and waiting only on the last bits of art and proof-reading.  Stone and Bone is about one session, while its follow-up is about two, and includes encounter tables and new animals and even a killer plant.  It could easily become a short campaign if you wanted it to.

I second the idea of getting Nick's index PDF.  If you look up the current year's then you'll get a snapshot of 2020's issues, and also it will be updated all this year.  It will still be a recent release on the Jonstown Compendium.

Edited by Diana Probst
Added vote for Nick's index.

Stone & Bone's great, and you can grab and go with it.

I wrote up a conversion to RQG for the adventure "Temple at Feroda" from the Gloranthan Classics series Pavis & Big Rubble, which is available somewhere on these forums (a search for the title should do it). I believe that adventure is also in Pavis: Threshold to Danger for RuneQuest Classic but my memory on what content is in what product is a little fuzzy there. The supplement premise plays pretty well as written in the 1625 timeline.

My adventure The Throat of Winter and the adventure in MOTM #12 The Quacken both can fit in Prax with minimal alteration. Although Throat is set in Sartar, I actually ran my playtest of it as part of my game in Prax! It's site-based, and suggests alternative locations. Likewise The Quacken adventure works basically anywhere along the coast - I suggest a few miles east of Corflu would work well (or with Corflu itself, though you'd need to make up more stuff on your own, then).

• Thanks 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

27 minutes ago, Crel said:

I wrote up a conversion to RQG for the adventure "Temple at Feroda" from the Gloranthan Classics series Pavis & Big Rubble, which is available somewhere on these forums (a search for the title should do it). I believe that adventure is also in Pavis: Threshold to Danger for RuneQuest Classic but my memory on what content is in what product is a little fuzzy there. The supplement premise plays pretty well as written in the 1625 timeline.

It's in Big Rubble:The Deadly City of the RuneQuest Classic series, but otherwise you're right ...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...