Pavis panorama picture pdf from New Pavis/Big Rubble

hkokko

Is the Pavis Panorama picture available as a one pdf from somewhere. There is only small size jpg in Chaosium page.  I own all the paper and pdf combinations of Pavis/Big Rubble but seemingly cannot find it on a single page (it is divided across two pages in both books). 

• Like 1

As long as it's for personal use, I would suggest one of the following:

• opening the Pavis:TtD in your PDF reader in a 2 page spread, hide any sidebars, open it as large as you can, then screen shot it.
  • Extracting the two pages from the PDF and stitch them together (software permitting).
  • Your printer setup may allow you to print both pages together on A3 to PDF.

It will have a line down the centre. You can likely redact the text.

1731429874_Screenshot2021-01-17at10_24_40.thumb.png.60062b5da4f10f44f488395e026b8df4.png

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

Personal use. 

the above was my plan B.

The picture is so fabulous it would deserve a full blown pdf and a poster... That is my wish for plan A (while I proceed with plan B )

Edited by hkokko

2 hours ago, hkokko said:

That sounds wonderful - poster and desktop picture etc. In these remote times it would be great to be able to have it as a digital copy as well

Unfortunately, providing/selling high resolution electronic files just leads to greater piracy of our material.

• Sad 5

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

Not meaning to be rude or dismissive about the value of the IP here, but offering some thoughts.

At the level of Glorantha's brand awareness, isn't virtually any brand proliferation good proliferation? Even if piracy was 50% of Gloranthan image use (which I very much doubt), wouldn't that help attract people to the world and the (paying) products? 

The marginal cost of producing digital IP is close to zero, and the costs of producing Pavis material have been recouped many times over. This is when other IP companies like Nintendo (random example) tend to discount heavily. Now, it may work for them precisely because their scale is so much larger than Chaosium's, but I wonder if it isn't in your best interest to act similarly. 

I'd really love for Glorantha to become a CoC-like property, and it probably isn't going to happen through the ferally-loyal-but-few fans like me, who own multiple copies of the same books. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quackerjack said:

Not meaning to be rude or dismissive about the value of the IP here, but offering some thoughts.

At the level of Glorantha's brand awareness, isn't virtually any brand proliferation good proliferation? Even if piracy was 50% of Gloranthan image use (which I very much doubt), wouldn't that help attract people to the world and the (paying) products? 

I don't really understand what you are suggesting, so I'll not comment on whether you are being rude or dismissive. We're not going to sell high resolution electronic files of art, nor give them away for free. We offer a variety of free intro products for beginners and newcomers. 

Hope that Helps,

30 minutes ago, hkokko said:

about the original question and Rick's offer

--> I would like to buy the Pavis Panorama picture as a poster / tabletop size from that store....  Could that happen...

https://www.redbubble.com/i/poster/Pavis-Panorama-by-Chaosium/68293428.E40HW

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hope that Helps,