Passions toward activities

Psullie

Would you consider using Passions for individuals dedicated to an activity or craft, sort of like Van Gogh having  Devotion (Painting)

I'm thinking that high Passion here would mean single-minded dedication to one's craft even if detrimental to health and well-being 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Psullie said:

Would you consider using Passions for individuals dedicated to an activity or craft, sort of like Van Gogh having  Devotion (Painting)

I'm thinking that high Passion here would mean single-minded dedication to one's craft even if detrimental to health and well-being 

Definitely, and a few failures would be good too. The despair of failure would truly fit in to your idea.

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

yes, you can have a job or hobby and be or not be passionate

you can paint without passion, but you can paint with passion.

I don't know what is the best word to use : love / lust / devotion. I would use lust probably

Edited by French Desperate WindChild
you can pain .. yes passion, passion
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

I don't know what is the best word to use : love / lust / devotion. I would use lust probably

Lust isn't one from RQG, I remember it from Pendragon as a Virtue but I do like the idea of Lust being a RQ Passion, one that is tainted or self-destructive.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Psullie said:

Lust isn't one from RQG, I remember it from Pendragon as a Virtue but I do like the idea of Lust being a RQ Passion, one that is tainted or self-destructive.

I toyed with the idea of adding Obsession (x) as it encompassed Lust, but could cover a broader array of "flaws" including Greed, Addictions, etc.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Flaws is something that should be included with passions, no? That would have been good!

I think it's quite easy for a GM (or player) to add such if they think it adds value to a campaign.  The challenge with Flaws is that a success doesn't necessarily "Inspire" you, but strongly directs you towards using the Flaw.  You could use them as something that has to be overcome with an Opposed Roll.  But I think mechanics with them get somewhat fiddly and they may be best left to roleplaying the character.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Psullie said:

I'm thinking that high Passion here would mean single-minded dedication to one's craft even if detrimental to health and well-being 

I think you should be very liberal with allowing passions in general. 

I was very happy seeing ”Love Sausages” for a tame Rubble Runner, and I will probably ask my players to make sure that pets, Allied spirits and the like pick up some distinguishing passion.

• Like 3