Physical copies of the 5.2 rulebooks?

ZedAlpha

8 hours ago, ZedAlpha said:

Right, and those physical copies are (per the website's checkout pages) currently unavailable to ship to the US right now. I checked the Chaosium site first chance I got and saw that, that's why I'm asking in here. 

That will change in the next few days as we get 5.2 into our US warehouse.

• Thanks 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, SilverSeraph said:

Well I ordered my copy. Looking forward to the future of the line. Is there a timeline on the planned print runs of the current "Book of ___" books?

Here's the link to a Drivethru search for Pendragon. The prices listed are for the PDFs. But click on the link for each book an you'll see the options for POD.

"But Pendragon isn’t intended to be historical, just fun.
So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

7 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Those remain available as POD.

3 hours ago, creativehum said:

Here's the link to a Drivethru search for Pendragon. The prices listed are for the PDFs. But click on the link for each book an you'll see the options for POD.

I was referring to the below post from the Status of Future Pendragon Projects thread.

On 5/28/2020 at 11:41 AM, Rick Meints said:

Pendragon will be switching from POD to regular print runs for many titles. Future titles will most likely be full color hardbacks, like our RQ and CoC books. 

This seemed to indicate that the titles on POD, or at least some of them, would get regular print runs with better quality.

1 hour ago, SilverSeraph said:

I was referring to the below post from the Status of Future Pendragon Projects thread.

This seemed to indicate that the titles on POD, or at least some of them, would get regular print runs with better quality.

Please allow me to clarify. I should have said "some" instead of "many". The Book of X titles are not going to be switched from POD to anything else unless they get updated for 6th edition. We are not going to just do regular print runs of the whole line as is. As for which Book of X titles may get updated, and when, I don't know. 

Things change, plans change.

• Like 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

The next edition of Pendragon (from what I understand from comments made by Larkin and gathered by folks online) is going to be three volumes totaling 650 pages. (I might be wrong about this!)

As far as I can tell, this means folding some of the material from the Book of X books into the core game. So I assume the next round of supplements will have to be rebuilt.

(It also seems crazy and dangerously long for a game that never needed to be that long in its core rules. But that’s me.)

"But Pendragon isn’t intended to be historical, just fun.
So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

13 minutes ago, creativehum said:

The next edition of Pendragon (from what I understand from comments made by Larkin and gathered by folks online) is going to be three volumes totaling 650 pages. (I might be wrong about this!)

As far as I can tell, this means folding some of the material from the Book of X books into the core game. So I assume the next round of supplements will have to be rebuilt.

(It also seems crazy and dangerously long for a game that never needed to be that long in its core rules. But that’s me.)

This is actually The Great Pendragon Campaign that will be split.  As far as anyone knows, the core rules will still be one book.

5 minutes ago, creativehum said:

That is not what I read elsewhere. (The GPC will be split. But I have also read the core rules will be split. But that might be incorrect internet stuff!)

Maybe a bestiary then?  I'm sure there will be the requisite slipcase set with a gm screen pack.  I have no doubt whatever it is this will be the most beautiful product Chaosium has ever put out.

From what I have seen it appears there is intended to be a Core Rulebook (ca 250 pages) with the updated rules, a “GM Book” ( again ca 250 pages) with more detail/ extra rules for things like manor management, raiding rules, hunting, feasts, chases, Romance, siege, etc. And a 3rd book (100+ pages) with details around baronial levels, medieval laws etc (I think).  There are also a number of future books been mentioned as well as GPC.

I don’t get the impression that all the 3 initial books are essential for play, but give more detail/ options (seems similar to 7th edition Call of Cthulhu where you only need the core Rulebook, but the Investigator Handbook etc. expand options, background and details)

Edited by Grey

On 3/13/2021 at 6:01 AM, Grey said:

From what I have seen it appears there is intended to be a Core Rulebook (ca 250 pages) with the updated rules, a “GM Book” ( again ca 250 pages) with more detail/ extra rules for things like manor management, raiding rules, hunting, feasts, chases, Romance, siege, etc. And a 3rd book (100+ pages) with details around baronial levels, medieval laws etc (I think).  There are also a number of future books been mentioned as well as GPC.

I don’t get the impression that all the 3 initial books are essential for play, but give more detail/ options (seems similar to 7th edition Call of Cthulhu where you only need the core Rulebook, but the Investigator Handbook etc. expand options, background and details)

So, you will probably have a slipcase for this, and another four-era-book slipcase for the new Great Pendragon Campaign?