Status of Future Pendragon Projects

Should we assume the new stuff is going to be for Fifth Edition of Sixth?

Yes, I know this is Pendragon, and differences between edtions in minor, but with anew edtion in the pipeline it would make sense for all the new stuff to be for with KAP6. 

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

On 5/25/2020 at 7:17 AM, Uqbarian said:

Are the Book of Castles and/or the Book of Salisbury still in the pipeline?

Yes! Right now the plan is to release the Book of Salisbury as part of a larger Resource Pack that will include a GM screen and some other materials, similar to the Runequest "GM Screen Pack". Book of Castles will be a standalone release; Matt Ryan (who did the Castle of the Kite illustration for the "Quest of the Red Blade" scenario) is working on diagrams and floor plans even as we speak.

On 5/25/2020 at 1:33 PM, creativehum said:

Thanks!

@sirlarkins Thoughts on the upcoming changes for KAP6?

Oh, I have many thoughts, and all of them good! ;)

We'll be addressing plans and changes in greater detail as we get closer to publication, but I'll just say for now that the core rulebook material is all taken from drafts written by Greg, who was working on 6th edition at the time of his passing. He intended 6th to be his "ultimate edition," and we've maintained that vision as we've prepared his text for publication.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sirlarkins said:

Yes! Right now the plan is to release the Book of Salisbury as part of a larger Resource Pack that will include a GM screen and some other materials, similar to the Runequest "GM Screen Pack". Book of Castles will be a standalone release; Matt Ryan (who did the Castle of the Kite illustration for the "Quest of the Red Blade" scenario) is working on diagrams and floor plans even as we speak.

We'll be addressing plans and changes in greater detail as we get closer to publication, but I'll just say for now that the core rulebook material is all taken from drafts written by Greg, who was working on 6th edition at the time of his passing. He intended 6th to be his "ultimate edition," and we've maintained that vision as we've prepared his text for publication.

Hurray, Book of Salisbury is going into the wilds! Nice!

So, if Codex Mirabilis, Knights & Ladies Advt. and the GM Screen are a 6th Edition releases, it's not gonna come out until after 6th Edition hits the market?
Oh well, I was getting used to winging the supernatural stuff, even though having a guide for it would be rad.

Is it too early to talk about the changes that you're most excited to see take place in 6th Ed.?
Wait a minute... Okay, what's the main difference between updating to 6th from from 5th, compared to the 5th to 5.1 or 5.2? Because I had gotten the impression those were the adjustments of the game that were needed. Is it an all new text or something?

Søren A. Hjorth
- Freelancer Writer, Cultural Distributer, Font of Less Than Useless Knowledge
https://thenarrativeexploration.wordpress.com/

19 hours ago, sirlarkins said:

Hooray! Thanks for that information.

2 hours ago, Redmoongodess said:

not really hyped for waiting even longer for books that's been already worked on over a decade in some cases so they can be for an sixth edition that's probably very early in development compared to them.

I know how you feel, and share that feeling, yet...it's probably the most "Old Chaosium" thing the new team could have done. Look at how long it took for HeroQuest to become a reality. Wating "forver" for the next Chasoium product has me feeling somewhat nostalgic. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SilverSeraph said:

I mean everything on Chaosium's Website listed under "Classic Pendragon".  1st, 3rd, and 4th editions and all suplements.

It seems highly unlikely. Companies rarely reprint material from older editions when they have a current edition in print. It would probably require a lot of people to want such reprints, and probably indicate that the edition currently in print was a flop. 

Of course you could always buy a PDF and get it printed and bound. That's what I did for some of my KAP5 stuff, and it works out well. Of course it helps that the KAP5 was mostly black & white without any fancy art. Most of the earlier KAP stuff was similar. When necessary, I've printed off some PDF purchases in color at home and then had them bound. These days, with a quality PDF,  good printer and paper, it's possible to get pretty good results at a decent price. At least as good as the original print runs for stuff from 25-30 years ago. It's not an ideal solution, but at least it is a practical option.

4 hours ago, Atgxtg said:

It seems highly unlikely. Companies rarely reprint material from older editions when they have a current edition in print. It would probably require a lot of people to want such reprints, and probably indicate that the edition currently in print was a flop. 

Of course you could always buy a PDF and get it printed and bound. That's what I did for some of my KAP5 stuff, and it works out well. Of course it helps that the KAP5 was mostly black & white without any fancy art. Most of the earlier KAP stuff was similar. When necessary, I've printed off some PDF purchases in color at home and then had them bound. These days, with a quality PDF,  good printer and paper, it's possible to get pretty good results at a decent price. At least as good as the original print runs for stuff from 25-30 years ago. It's not an ideal solution, but at least it is a practical option.

Sorry I said print option, but I really should have said POD.   With Chaosium starting to offer classic RQ in POD, I thought it likely they might do the same for Pendragon.

Edited by SilverSeraph
Misspelled