The Sun Dome Templars

Trifletraxor

Today I had finally got to play some RQ again! Was home in Oslo for a short trip, and used the occation. The group was an all Yelmalio Sun County group, so I created a Templar using Pike & Shield. Big and fast, but quite stupid (INT 9). On a mission up to Pavis, we had to rescue a yelmalian who were to be crucified by the Lunars. My character, Grandor, got aquainted with the local spirits and got into a fist-fight with a bison rider, which he won (yihaa!). We waited until the guy had been nailed to the cross before attacking the guards outside the city. Killed the all and spirited away with the guy on the cross, down to Sun County.

Successfull mission, but I failed to get excited by the character. A bit dull Yelmalio worshipper with limiting growth potential. My natural munchkin wasn't satisfied. Hopefully we'll use another group next time. :rolleyes:

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Today I had finally got to play some RQ again! Was home in Oslo for a short trip, and used the occation. The group was an all Yelmalio Sun County group, so I created a Templar using Pike & Shield. Big and fast, but quite stupid (INT 9). On a mission up to Pavis, we had to rescue a yelmalian who were to be crucified by the Lunars. My character, Grandor, got aquainted with the local spirits and got into a fist-fight with a bison rider, which he won (yihaa!). We waited until the guy had been nailed to the cross before attacking the guards outside the city. Killed the all and spirited away with the guy on the cross, down to Sun County.

Successfull mission, but I failed to get excited by the character. A bit dull Yelmalio worshipper with limiting growth potential. My natural munchkin wasn't satisfied. Hopefully we'll use another group next time. :rolleyes:

SGL.

From Pavis to Sun County with the guy still nailed?

He must be tough!!! :innocent:

Runequestement votre,

Kloster

From Pavis to Sun County with the guy still nailed?

He must be tough!!! :innocent:

Actually, we took him down from the cross first (mainly because of the weight). Getting him back alive was optional, as long as he was resurrectable.

Glad you go to play RQ again. Sorry it wasn't that satisfying.

Yeah. But newbies without that much flavour is often problematic. Maybe he gets more interesting with time, but with a "wear no armor on torso"-geas, I doubt he last that long. :ohwell:

SGL.

Getting him back alive was optional, as long as he was resurrectable.

So why didn't you just wait till afterwards and reclaim the body? That's the usual way... ;)

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Dumb characters tend to be unsatisfying over time. They are okay for short term play, but can be frustrating. It's like there is some sort of RPG curse that says a persona playing a dumb character will suddenly have a epihany and start coming up will all sorts of ideas and solutions that they can't play out.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Actually, we took him down from the cross first (mainly because of the weight). Getting him back alive was optional, as long as he was resurrectable.

We always played that time spent on a cross counted against the 7-day limit for resurrection, so 3 days hanging, then dead meant that you had to be resurrected within 4 days.

So, taking him off the cross is probably a good idea.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

We always played that time spent on a cross counted against the 7-day limit for resurrection, so 3 days hanging, then dead meant that you had to be resurrected within 4 days.

So, taking him off the cross is probably a good idea.

LOL!

Taking them down, does make them more mobile when you do finally get around to raising them. Not to mention reducing the amount of screaming. And raising someone who is lying on top of a giant Death Rune would seem like a bad idea.

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.