Zzabur

jajagappa

Maybe the firebergs sink Brithos and burn Zzabur, off the screen. Or we just have little information on Western Hero Wars. We have more information on the Waertagi, and their alliance with Brithos is back in force, 

My own take is that the Talar that unifies the three Western kingdoms, tangles with Phargentes and almost conquers Ralios has support from Brithos and the Waertagi, but the Brithini are more focused in their own aeons old war against the Vadeli than in Central Genertela.

Zzabur will claim that it is his spells what turns the moon white, and that was the plan all along. I also expect that Brithos disappears into the otherworld again once the conflict with the Vadeli winds down, as that is the only way to keep immortality.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JRE said:

Maybe the firebergs sink Brithos and burn Zzabur, off the screen. Or we just have little information on Western Hero Wars. We have more information on the Waertagi, and their alliance with Brithos is back in force, 

I was talking Gbaji Wars, not Hero Wars, but I like where your head's at.

It's curious that He, Zzabur is absent from any of the Arkat/Nysalor tales. We don't get His take on the Sunstop or anything like that in Revealed Mythologies or Middle Sea Empire. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My mistake. I suppose for Zzabur it was:

Strange solar event, but there is an error in all my timepieces. They all show different times. New god in the Sunlands, probably related. I will check when I have some free time, as I am busy recalculating what is the correct time. Talar sent the Fourth army to protect Rational colony from some primitive natives. The colony was saved but as usual some Horali went native and lost. Before I could really focus on the new god in the Sunlands someone devoted to Death removed it from the world, again. It must be a competent hero, but fortunately they is now in a new star, out of my hair. Should update the stellar chart, it is getting obsolete.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JonL said:

It's curious that He, Zzabur is absent from any of the Arkat/Nysalor tales. We don't get His take on the Sunstop or anything like that in Revealed Mythologies or Middle Sea Empire. 

My Dumb Theory here is that the sorcerous son of Malkion was dead (!) at the time (!!) and had yet to really recur on the island or elsewhere. Somebody else was Sorcerer Supreme then. At a certain stage the succession changed and now we have an immortal presence in the tower calling all the shots.

This creates a useful paradox in that the current blue man claims to Know Everything but I suspect pointed questions about the Gbaji era will slide off strange and funny walls of evasive ignorance. The sad part is that this blind spot gets retroprojected onto a looming "hero war" and so drives people to drastic resolutions in order to forestall "future" assaults that have technically "already happened."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

singer sing me a given

5 hours ago, JonL said:

I was talking Gbaji Wars, not Hero Wars, but I like where your head's at.

He's mentioned on the topic in the Guide sidebar p719

But later scholars
complained that Time
had been shortened by the
act [Sunstop - PHM], and that afterwards
the days were shorter,
and that men’s lives were
also shorter. Zzabur
himself concurred with
this judgment, but ended
his confirmation with a
moralistic note of warning
for men to be cautious
where they tread, and to
acknowledge the limits
of Time rather than
struggle against it.

Edited by metcalph

AFAICT, Zzabur has retreated to his own tower somewhere in the center of Brithos, where all the magical energies generated by the cities and populations gather, after his ill-fated bid to inherit the rulership of Brithos after the short civil war triggered by Faralz and Hrestol in 7 ST. He supposedly was the pinnacle in the wizards' efforts to cause the Sunstop, receiving magics from the Genertelan colonies as well.

Gbaji's grasping shadow never came beyond the Neliomi Sea, although individual missionaries/Riddlers might have. The magical disease that ravaged Seshnela did not plague Brithos, as far as we know, and neither the foes of Talor.

Arkat might have gotten a blessing or glimpse of Zzabur when the expeditionary force to Arolanit was sent off in Brithos. After his mother returned with him from the Aldryami forest, he may have been judged under the eyes of Zzabur, too, but that's the closest contact I can make out for Zzabur with the other protagonist of the Gbaji Wars.

Sending that army was plenty involvement. There was no further big magical rite that broke the hold of the Bright Empire other than its internal consumption in the fight against Arkat.

We know little about the fallout from the Sunstop in the rest of the world for the subsequent 75 years. In Umathela, the Lascerdans died out, the Doraddi sent out the Pithdarans who got lost in time, and Kralorela continued as before until the False Dragon's Ring arrived there.

• Thanks 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

We know the Brithini return in the Hero Wars, but we have seen no mention of Zzabur that I remember.

From a Brithos-centric point of view, the biggest problem in the future is the Flood, so Brithos may disappear again, or it may be devastated, or maybe the secret is that now it floats and moves around, and that is why nobody could find it. I suppose Zzabur may get also distracted by the Vadeli return and getting new dragons to replace the Waertagi ships lost in the Closing. 

The guide has a Brithini Hero War prophecy that dates at least from the First Age. I suppose it is attributed to Zzabur, like almost everything done by the Brithini. But it could indicate what worries him.

“Three things for a Hero War: courage, desperation, and free men. Beware the transformation!
Destroy the devils of Freedom! The One Law cannot be broken.”