BRP Adventure Contest deadline coming up!

seneschal

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who entered a scenario in the BRP Adventure or Cthulhu Invictus contests heard anything yet? Last word I had was that Chaosium would make a decision in late July. We're now in mid-August.

That's what I've heard too. When I heard that the monograph was sent for layout, and I hadn't heard anything from Dustin, I just assumed that I didn't make the cut. But if no one else had heard back either, then maybe there is still hope.

I've hesitated to e-mail Dustin Wright because I didn't want to seem pushy and I know things have been hectic over at Chaosium (is that a pun?). But it would be nice to know yeah or nay before the monograph is advertised for purchase.

If I didn't make the cut, oh well, there's always next year.

• 4 months later...

Those contest entries have been "being edited" for 7 months now. With the editor now at a convention, per a recent Twitter announcement, I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer to find out the results. The results, also per Twitter, were supposed to be announced by the end of 2011. Oops! ;)

I'm secretly hoping the reason there's been a delay is that we all did so wonderfully well that we're getting the full-color-glossy paper-hardback treatment. ;D Yeah, I know. But Basic Roleplaying specializes in fantasy, right?

Joking aside I've never understood why they don't give the prize winner collections a full general release. The quality is generally pretty high...and what a great way of showcasing how versatile BRP is and at the same time saying to prospective buyers:' you could do this you know. ' If they paid everyone $25 for their entry and some sort of royalty I reckon they'd still come out ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

Ladies and gentlemen, if you submitted an adventure to the 2010 BRP Adventure Contest, please watch your email inbox. I just got an email from Megan, and my adventure was accepted!

Her email is very brief with no other details, other than my adventure was accepted. I have no idea what they are going to call the new anthology book, or when it will be published. But at least we now know that notices are being emailed out. So watch your inbox!

Yeah! My Classic Fantasy adventure was accepted. Good luck to everyone else!

Awesome, I don't know how I missed this. It is a great adventure and I can't wait to see it in print.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Did you playtest it?

As lots of stuff for Classic Fantasy have yet to see print, Rich sent me the adventure to look over and offer some input. I supplied him with some monster information as well as other stuff from the as yet unpublished Classic Fantasy II. I have to admit, It was kinda awesome to see someone else doing something for a book I worked so hard on.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

• 2 months later...

Blood and Badges and Other Adventures for Basic Roleplaying

Monograph, 132 pages, softbound, no table of contents or index, ISBN 1568823533. Contains nine winning entries from the 2010 BRP Adventure Contest. Adventures include:

I Sette Magnifici Bastardi by Kevin Ross – spaghetti Western

Blood and Badges by Jon Hook – Western horror

The Goblin Hoss by Kevin Scrivner – Western horror

In the Frozen Darkness by R.J. Christensen – Fifties horror

Out with a BANG by Tom Lynch – cyberpunk

The Haunted Bridge by Rich LeDuc – fantasy

Company Town: Stepchildren of the Night by Mike Czaplinski – humorous conspiracy

From Pagania with Hate by Marko Ercegovi’c “Streebor” – medieval horror

The Prison of Outlaws by Simon Yee – dystopian alternate history

I've skimmed the scenarios but haven't yet studied them in depth. More maps and illustrations than in the previous monograph. In the Frozen Darkness features lots of NPCs that can go crazy in colorful ways. Company Town can best be described as Men In Black Meets Gamma World in the middle of a Bela Lugosi movie. The first three adventures are Westerns; at first I thought it was going to be a complete oater campaign book. ;)