So when is "Title" coming out?

g33k

9 hours ago, g33k said:

The OCD'ish urges to take some of the longer & more loreful BRPC posts into your edit/layout workstream...  🤡

My lovely wife (who edited her school newspaper) remarked -- about a next-prior-but-one boyfriend (before she and I began dating) -- "I knew it was over when I kept wanting to grab my red pencil to mark-up his 'love notes' to me!"  😳   (She was actually a bit infamous as a "heartbreaker" in our crowd, always the dump-ER, never the dump-EE).

C'es ne pas un .sig

3 hours ago, ffilz said:

The new status post that Rick updated is awesome. I don't know how I'll afford all that's in that pipeline when it comes out...

Write some Jonstown Compendium supplements and use the royalties to buy RQ stuff, that's what I do.

• Like 6

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Folks, PATIENCE!

It will be done when it is done, not a minute before.

You literally have EVERYTHING you need to run a campaign RIGHT NOW. You have the Core Rules, The GM's Pack with handouts and a setting, the Bestiary, Weapons and Equipment is shipping as we speak, and two books full of scenarios. In addition, there is the Starter Set with another setting, a Solo Adventure and 3 additional adventures. And that's just from Chaosium itself. The Jonstown Compendium on DriveThru is publishing as much material as you could possibly want, from one-offs to full campaign narratives to 'military histories' that discuss the armies and effects of magic on the battlefield.

So Take. A. Freaking. Breath. Chaosium is working their asses off trying to get the product out the door. Fer crying out loud, we [the old grognard fans] waited 25 years between the last RQ3 supplement and the two book slipcase Guide to Glorantha. If it takes another year to put out Gods of Glorantha and the GMs Guide and both are of the same quality, then the wait is worth it.

Or would you rather get hardback spammed like Paizo does with a new major addition to the core rules every freaking month? The new edition of RQ, RuneQuest In Glorantha, is a multiple orders of magnitude improvement over RQ3, whereas PF2's supplements have degraded... both the page count and the word count of each hardback is smaller AND they want $45 for the privilege over PF1's $35 for less content [to clarify, PF 1 had more content at a smaller price than PF2]. So with RQG you're getting a high quality product for your money, but that quality takes time to produce.

Edited by svensson
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, svensson said:

Or would you rather get hardback spammed like Paizo does with a new major addition to the core rules every freaking month?

That's a bit harsh. Second Edition Pathfinder came out in 2019 and have released 10 hardcover rules books. Three are Bestiaries and one is the Gamemaster book. That leaves six books with player-facing material (including the Core Rule Book) published over 3 years.

You could throw in their Lost Omens settings books to add another 12 books; however, those are totally optional. I don't use them in my campaign.

The posters on this thread want Chaosium to publish more adventure support. By way of comparison, Paizo has published many adventures that a GM can use however they wish. Over the last three years, by my count they have released:

- 37 Adventure Path volumes (96-page books with 50-60 pages of adventure material)

- 6 Longer Standalone Adventures (minimum 64 pages)

- 4 "One-Shots" (32 pages)

- 38 Quests/Bounties (one-hour adventures)

- 3 Free RPG adventures (16 pages)

- Over 70 Pathfinder Society scenarios (3-4 hours)

I don't have any expectation that Chaosium would ever publish that quantity of adventures. The two companies have different business models and that's okay.

Nonetheless, the point of this thread is that many of Chaosium's customers are unhappy with their release schedule. Slamming another company for giving their customers what people here are wishing for is rather uncool.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gary Norton said:

... The posters on this thread want Chaosium to publish more adventure support

Nonetheless, the point of this thread is that many of Chaosium's customers are unhappy with their release schedule ...

<ahem>  Maybe some of the posters want what you're saying.

But -- speaking as the OP who started this thread -- that's nothing to do with what I was asking for!

###

I was asking for Chaosium to

1.  consolidate (into one reasonably-find'able spot) the sundry "status updates" they have given out across a bunch of different social-media channels, 'Con events, etc.
  2.  update that spot on a semi-regular basis, so the "current status" is reasonably-close to "current" & to matching the latest public remarks as per #1

Chaosium has done this, an exceptionally robust fulfillment of request #1 (we'll see if they can manage to sustain that for #2).

===

As for "wanting... more" and being "unhappy with their release schedule"... For me, that's explicitly not true.  (I mean:  yes I DO want more Chaosium content, but I'm entirely satisfied with their release schedule & their "it'll be done when it's done" policy).

Edited by g33k
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

58 minutes ago, g33k said:

But -- speaking as the OP who started the thread -- that's nothing to do with what I was asking for!

Fair enough. I may have inadvertently mentally brought in frustrations from other forum threads.

I'm glad that you are satisfied with Chaosium's release schedule.

Briefly addressing @Gary Norton's digression, Chaosium's community content on the Jonstown Compendium includes more than 50 RuneQuest adventures and campaigns. Twenty of them are Electrum+ Best-Sellers on DriveThruRPG. (The chart below is an extract from my regularly-updated JC Index, which also details everything marked with a 🔺 (new since Q4 2021); the JC Catalogue details everything released in the first two years. They have maps showing scenario locations, timelines of when they're set, etc.)

There is no "release schedule," though: scenarios drop when their authors publish them. Several of those creators have gone on to write for Chaosium; some of the results have seen print. At this point, ignoring the Jonstown Compendium feels like refusing to pick up Tales of the Reaching Moon on principle. (Which is an opinion, to be sure, and I respect people's right to hold it)

RQ Scenario Chart.png

• Like 8
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 4