Jonstown Compendium art pack ?

Agentorange

Out of curiousity I was looking at the JC guidelines in the vague hope that one day i might have something useful to say for the JC. I noticed it mentioned a Art pack, but when I clicked on the link it took me to the Argan Argar Atlas map pack. is there an actual art pack for the JC and I'm just being thick and have missed it ?

There are several Art Packs for the Jonstown Compendium.

Dario Corallo has 4 Art Packs:

Martin Helsdon had 3 Art Packs, but I cannot remember if he has taken them down:

Edited by soltakss

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Martin’s three art packs are bundled with the digital edition of The Armies and Enemies of Dragon Pass.

The only Chaosium-supplied “art pack” for the Jonstown Compendium is the maps in the Argan Argar Atlas; you can also use the Glorantha Core Runes font in community content.

Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, soltakss said:

There are several Art Packs for the Jonstown Compendium.

Dario Corallo has 4 Art Packs:

Martin Helsdon had 3 Art Packs, but I cannot remember if he has taken them down:

Sorry, I meant free artpacks such as Chaosiums Miskatonic Art packs for CoC. The way the guidelines read I thought they'd done something similiar for RQ. It does appear Martins are gone. but I shall take a closer look at Dario's 👍

1 hour ago, Agentorange said:

I meant free artpacks such as Chaosiums Miskatonic Art packs for CoC. The way the guidelines read I thought they'd done something similiar for RQ.

No, only the Argan Argar Atlas fits that model.  There are no Chaosium supplied art packs.

4 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Martin’s three art packs are bundled with the digital edition of The Armies and Enemies of Dragon Pass.

So, I opens my folder: " The Armies and Enemies of Dragon Pass"... and within I find...

Oh My Gods and Goddesses... there they are. And they're beautiful!

Thanks

2 hours ago, M Helsdon said:

Now free with 'Armies & Enemies of Dragon Pass'.

What license does that come with....personal use only? JC use if credited?

cheers!

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

12 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Not in the bundled art packs... no text just pics. Could not find anything in the text of the main documents credit page.

The PDFs say: 

Permission is granted to purchasers to use these illustrations in Jonstown Compendium publications (with a credit to the artist), and to GMs and players solely for their own use in handouts and character sheets, but not for wider publication. The labels can be removed, and the images reduced in size, but no other changes can be made for publication without permission.
A free copy of any Jonstown Compendium publication using this artwork, whilst not mandatory, would be appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was just reading Temples and Towers (and you have a new review added, @M Helsdon, because it's really good and astonishing value for money). Any chance of making some of the images and floorplans from that available as JC-permitted art as well?

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.

2 hours ago, M Helsdon said:

The PDFs say: 

Permission is granted to purchasers to use these illustrations in Jonstown Compendium publications (with a credit to the artist), and to GMs and players solely for their own use in handouts and character sheets, but not for wider publication. The labels can be removed, and the images reduced in size, but no other changes can be made for publication without permission.
A free copy of any Jonstown Compendium publication using this artwork, whilst not mandatory, would be appreciated.

Sweet so I got it mostly right, just missed the good neighbour policy of a free copy (which I have to say is very cool!).

Thanks M, good sir. I could not find that anywhere.

PS: this was one of my first JC purchases (and therefore RQG purchases period, there were not that many out back then). Love it, though I have barely cracked it's enormous heft it is one of my faves of the modern books and PDFs.

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

35 minutes ago, Brian Duguid said:

I was just reading Temples and Towers (and you have a new review added, @M Helsdon, because it's really good and astonishing value for money). Any chance of making some of the images and floorplans from that available as JC-permitted art as well?

I hadn't considered this - and may not have the originals.