Reading the map - my eyes just aren't good enough !

Agentorange

Even with glasses......

I'm looking at the Guide to Glorantha p448 map of the wastelands. near the bottom of the page, just south of the Boathouse Ruins and west of the Roundlake Mountains there are a couple of little lakes. they're labelled but I just can't make out writing can anybody  tell me ? .  back to the opticians........

Get the Argan Argar Atlas from Drivetrhurpg (it is free in the Jonstown Compendium section), page 30.

There is the Leaping Place lake, and further down there is the label for the Redwood Forest, not any of the lakes.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

29 minutes ago, Glyph said:

Scotty's map is much clearer than the Atlas, when I zoom in the smaller names are too blurred to read - is there a way of getting these high res maps?

+1 . As said several times, I would gladly pay for a higher resolution pdf for Argan Argar Atlas (or a simple zip file of pictures)...

Edited by 7Tigers
  • Like 5

On 2/1/2023 at 6:49 AM, Joerg said:

Get the Argan Argar Atlas from Drivetrhurpg (it is free in the Jonstown Compendium section), page 30.

There is the Leaping Place lake, and further down there is the label for the Redwood Forest, not any of the lakes.

Ah yes, clear as day! Leopard Slave Lake!

image.png.bbceeda2788e3465bb4e4c7e40445a52.png

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Haha 2

But seriously... I can see why the maps are the resolution they are. The AAA is already the biggest of the files in the Guide collection, Vol 1 and Vol 2 are 93MB and 67MB each, and the AAA is 99MB.

Scotty's map is about four times the resolution as the AAA PDF, square that and you get a file that is 16 times the size. But it's also not JPEG, I can't see any compression artefacts that are clearly there in the AAA, so that messes up the calculation, I'm not sure how a JPEG file size scales with image size, it probably depends on the kind of image. A quick test indicates maybe five or six times the size. But anyway, it would be a LOT bigger and slower to use. It's already pretty hard to use on an older iPad.

I guess the other solution would be to increase the font size for the smaller place names.

Incidentally, is there a PDF version of the AAA without the hex grid? I thought there was but I can't find one.