Comments and suggestions thread

On 4/20/2023 at 11:05 AM, Barak Shathur said:

That’s exactly what I’ve been trying to do. So far I seem to have convinced exactly zero persons. 

Let me be the first to say I am very happy about that. I am buying a game put out by Messieurs Mients, Richard and O'Brien, based on a game by Perrin and Turney based on a world by Stafford not Barak Shathur. I am sure you are a superior game designer, better then these gents and once you have put out your better game I will be first in line to buy it, chucking my inferior RQ rules.

I really dislike the wag the dog scenario many companies are now in where a fan upset is soon a fan setting policy. Sorry to step on toes but...

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

7 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Let me be the first to say I am very happy about that. I am buying a game put out by Messieurs Mients, Richard and O'Brien, based on a game by Perrin and Turney based on a world by Stafford not Barak Shathur. I am sure you are a superior game designer, better then these gents and once you have put out your better game I will be first in line to buy it, chucking my inferior RQ rules.

I really dislike the wag the dog scenario many companies are now in where a fan upset is soon a fan setting policy. Sorry to step on toes but...

You are entitled to your opinion, and I am perfectly fine with it, but I don't see myself wagging any dogs here. In fact, I don't really expect anyone to change anything based on my views. I come here to argue about aspects of a game I love, have interesting discussions with others, and I thought this was part of what this forum was for? In the Errors thread, they specifically mentioned taking comments and suggestions to another thread, so that's what I did. Anyway, I'm certainly not a game designer, and most of my suggestions come from other Chaosium publications (RQII and III mainly), so I don't see how it could insult anyone. Rather they seem like tried and tested solutions to what it is I see BRP trying to do. 

If anyone's toes are hurting, it seems to be yours. I don't really understand why. You're getting the game you want, I'm not.