Kiss a Voria priestess

Zalain

Hello all.

One of my players plays a hunter who has been neighbour of an NPC Voria priestess and her family of farmers. The girl was initiated in Voria, the time passed, they grew, and she became priestess. She was a teenager but didnt leave the cult, keeping her virginity. They grew together, but the life made him (the hunter, the character of my player) leave home. 

In the last adventure, the adventurers group went back to that town for a single day. And before departing, the hunter stole a kiss to her all life's friend: a Voria's priestess.

They completed their task and now they are back on the town.

What are the consecuencesof that kiss?

Wouldnt put in scene angry  Babbester Gor amazons too much?

Would the priestess leave voria? 

I thought make them talk. "Hey you, hunter, i have to face the hormones you have woke up against my loyalty to Voria..."

But im stuck in that thinking.

What would you do?

2 hours ago, Zalain said:

What are the consecuencesof that kiss?

Probably the loss of Innocence. Which means it is time to leave Voria and join Ernalda. (Or if it led to anger, then maybe Babeester Gor, but generally I'd expect the former.)

Edited by jajagappa

20 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

Probably the loss of Innocence. Which means it is time to leave Voria and join Ernalda. (Or if it led to anger, then maybe Babeester Gor, but generally I'd expect the former.)

Yeah, Voria ➡️ Ernalda is the "natural progression."

Also, there is the "burgeoning/exploratory" proto-sexuality phase (not the sex-and-fertility / parenthood of Ernalda) which is IMO within the Voria/Voriof remit, so The Kiss may fall within that sphere, as well.

What will lead to Maximum Game Fun?

What does the *player* want here?  Further complications, or a resolution, or...?

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

and how did the girl react ?

Was it

"just" a trouble ? ==> now she has to move to Ernalda, but what she lost was not her will so she may become an opponent of the guy.

acceptance ?  ==> now she has to move to Ernalda, why not organise some festivity, and maybe she needs a "champion", depending on the seriousness of the act, the real feelings, etc, the champion may be the guy or someone else... a good reason to leave the clan.

reject ? ==> now she needs to purify or to move to Ernalda. Women are angry, goddesses are angry... The question then would be what kind of kiss...  lips ? more ?

Depending on the violence of this act (physcally AND psychologically) the reaction may be different.

So for me three options :

• Well that's the Voria's fate, now let's go on
  • Well that's the Voria's fate, but the guilty must pay (apology ? a sheep ? a cow ? a little quest ?) 
  • That's was not the way, we are cursed, the ground will not provide the grain, the guilty must pay ( a little quest ? a big sacrifice ? a dangerous quest ? a ban ?  his life ?)

• Like 1

Ummm... why anything?

Sensuality and sexuality should not be seen as the same thing.

Sure, there may be a sexual component on the side of the player, but there's no reason the Voria Priestess has to see it that way. Kissing is an act of sensuality, and that's something that falls right into the lap of Voria.

So, if you want her to change, she can. If you're happy with her staying as Voria, then she can keep that innocence (and, dare I say, it's probably something she would do regularly anyway - for the same reasons).

For me, a stolen kiss should not mean leaving the Voria cult, so in my game, nothing would come of that event.

However, if the kiss was part of an ongoing courtship then the logical outcome of a successful courtship would be to join the Ernalda cult, or to choose a different cult. If the relationship became sexual then Voria would not be an option. Even in that case, Babeester Gor would not be involved, as this is a natural progression of Voria members.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

hello all!! Thank you for the answers.

The game was played past weekend. Was funny to interpretate the conversation following of the group return. Finnally the Hunter declared his love for the girl, and they will marry when the campaign finishes. He won passion "love her" and during the game, the player didnt stop "losing" Death Rune (AKA growing Fertility Rune), and doing acts, increasing the passion love.

If nothing bad happens in the next Sacred Time,  That character wont play the next campaign.

salutes all and thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/21/2023 at 6:23 AM, soltakss said:

If the relationship became sexual then Voria would not be an option. Even in that case, Babeester Gor would not be involved, as this is a natural progression of Voria members.

Yes. And as has been mentioned, that is so long as the relationship is consensual. If nonconsensual --> Babeester Gor, along with the expected angry and possibly violent, relatives of the victim.

On 5/22/2023 at 6:35 AM, Zalain said:

hello all!! Thank you for the answers.

The game was played past weekend. Was funny to interpretate the conversation following of the group return. Finnally the Hunter declared his love for the girl, and they will marry when the campaign finishes. He won passion "love her" and during the game, the player didnt stop "losing" Death Rune (AKA growing Fertility Rune), and doing acts, increasing the passion love.

If nothing bad happens in the next Sacred Time,  That character wont play the next campaign.

salutes all and thank you!

It's always nice to hear a follow up. I like that you considered, and ultimately didn't mess with the balance of the Fertility / Death runes. It would be uninteresting if all people with high Death rune affinities avoided or ignored sex and/or marriage.

However, I would be inclined to have a high Death rune affinity decrease the likelihood that children result from the sex. The augment process for the Fertility/Death rune as described on p 426 of RQ: RiG seems OK as a simple mechanic to use, though with the Fertility rune it does seem like the chance of twins ends up being incredibly high for anyone making their Fertility rune augment (odds of 25%, 35%, 55% respectively).

• Like 1