What happens if....

Shiningbrow

54 minutes ago, Shiningbrow said:

A Chalana Arroy fumbles while trying to pull the Stormbully out of Berserk?

When it happened in my game, they failed to bring the Berserker out of their rage, and extended the spell by 15 mins, and no second chance at -25%. The Berserker made their meditation roll next round.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

2 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

A Chalana Arroy fumbles while trying to pull the Stormbully out of Berserk?

Maybe the Storm Buller sees them as a foe and attacks them.

Although, I like David's idea that the Healer enrages the Storm Buller even more, driving them into a frenzy.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

3 hours ago, soltakss said:

Maybe the Storm Buller sees them as a foe and attacks them.

That's the outcome I wanted to avoid

3 hours ago, soltakss said:

Although, I like David's idea that the Healer enrages the Storm Buller even more, driving them into a frenzy.

It was more that they just extended the magic.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

from my perspective

- the berserk spell is not a bladesharp spell. That does not give you a bonus to win a fight. That's the desperate attempt to destroy your ennemy when everything else should fail. you are not exactly yourself, you accept to lose a part of your mind to call a primal and blind violence. You accept to hurt and kill your companions to destroy your ennemy, and you accept to be killed before anyone to save your companions. The key words are death and destruction.

"Personal safety and all but the strongest loyalties are forgotten in the rage to destroy"

so for me except ZZ and some sects in the same mindset,  a fighter will use with a lot of caution

- so your not yourself, I imagine that like a kind of personal possession (or some personality disorder irl) but you (the you non berserk)  "can" momentarily regain the "front" and avoid to hurt a friend.

But this "can" depends on "the strongest loyalties"

That perspective explains my choices then (but other prefer MGFun than MGDesperate 😛 )

so the question about the chalana arroy cultist has not one answer in my opinion :

1) if there is not a very strong relationship between the berserker and the healer ... the healer is the nearest "ennemy" to the berserk.

2) if there is a strong relationship, then the [friendly :20-form-man: you] behind the [enraged :20-form-beast: you] recognizes the character  (the mad eyes regain a little light, etc...)

and the berserker focus his rage against someone else.

so how to measure, to test, if the you before the berserk can "switch" the target ?

decision (storytelling) or roll: passion (loyalty, love, etc...) against the rune used to cast the berserk spell.

note this option is not only for a chalana aroy cultist, it is for every body:

Storm Bull gives the opportunity to stop, not the opportunity to say "hey I am a healer, don't kill me during your rage"

so the friend may be a warrior, with tattoos, war paint, big weapons, etc.. , if your :20-form-man: recognize your friends, you don't try to kill them

• Like 1

Your Chalana Arroy is now a bull dancer, let's hope her dodge skill is suitable for a non-combatant battlefield healer.

It might make sense that the Stormbull acts as if the Chalana Arroy has cast distraction 
Maybe the white goddess will notice, and provide some shimmer or some other buffs (or inspire a comrade to do so)
If she survives a few rounds of charges she can try de-escalating the Stormbull again.
Shouts of appreciation at each pass  from bystanding Stormbulls, Solars and lightbringers might not go amiss

• Haha 2