Out now in hardcover: The Meints Index to Glorantha, 3rd Edition

MOB

MiG III

A Chaosium Exclusive

In the modern collector’s market, knowing what you need is essential if you want to save time and money. MIG3: The Meints Index to Glorantha (aka MIG3), contains an exhaustive catalog of RuneQuest and Glorantha titles and related products.

Over the last 40 years, Chaosium President and Glorantha Historian Rick Meints has attended a plethora of auctions, consulted a wide range of experts, procured numerous collections, dredged the depths of the internet, and spent countless nights compiling this compendium of products, supplements, and articles.

screen-shot-2022-11-24-at-4.48.25-pm.png

screen-shot-2022-11-24-at-4.49.58-pm.png

This new third edition covers everything published for RuneQuest and Glorantha between 1975 and 2015.

The Meints Index to Glorantha is a Chaosium.com exclusive. $49.99 - price includes PDF. 

What the Critics Say

"Rick Meints' MIGs have always been awesome. The newest one not only has the benefit of 20+ years of additional research, but Rick is also now in charge of Chaosium, so there's some secret lore in there as well." — Shannon Appelcline, Designers & Dragons.

MiG III back cover

Edited by MOB
  • Like 6
  • Helpful 1

My copy arrived this morning. A gorgeous looking production, and a fantastic tribute not just to the indefatigable efforts of @Rick Meints but to all the creativity of the cast of thousands who appear in it.

351340825_916148072813163_8115911819857464620_n.jpg

• Like 4

--

The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "Absolutely phenomenal" - Austin C. "Seriously weird-ass shit" - John D. "A great piece of work" - Leon K. The Electrum best-selling The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Magisterial ... highly recommended" - Nick Brooke. "Lovingly detailed and scholarly, and fun to read" - John H. "Absolutely wonderful!" - Morgan C.

• 8 months later...

It’s phenomenal, Rick. I’m amazed at how much information you’ve crammed into it. (And to be honest, sometimes I think I might stop cataloguing the Jonstown Compendium stuff in the hope it would force you to step up.)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

So what do people think of the book?

I find in invaluable in finding where to look in my sprawling paper and PDF collection- the index I never knew I needed as my grey matter fades with age. Plus it’s handy in answering Facebook and Discord questions 😉

On top of that, it’s just a fun read, particularly the Things That Never Were (as @jajagappa mentioned). 

Edited by Jens

I refer to it frequently. Little bit shocked to discover it's currently OOP on the Chaosium website! (Unless this means we'll get the leatherette edition as part of a reprint exercise 😉).

--

The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "Absolutely phenomenal" - Austin C. "Seriously weird-ass shit" - John D. "A great piece of work" - Leon K. The Electrum best-selling The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Magisterial ... highly recommended" - Nick Brooke. "Lovingly detailed and scholarly, and fun to read" - John H. "Absolutely wonderful!" - Morgan C.

On 2/28/2024 at 8:06 PM, Diadochoi said:

Will it become available in print edition again?

It's showing as available again ...

https://www.chaosium.com/mig3-the-meints-index-to-glorantha-hardcover/

• Thanks 2

--