QUASAR A science fiction space opera universe

17 minutes ago, tooley1chris said:

Why make a water proof book when you can just use your $1000 tablet in the hot tub?😀

what-you-should-do-if-your-tablet-gets-wet-featured.jpg.00f9bc3a5dbb0fed9826a02faf4eb4a0.jpg

Because on of the girls might swipe it while I was distracted by the other.  Which goes to show that your RPGs are far more affordable than a tablet.😎

• Haha 1

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

3 hours ago, Atgxtg said:

Because on of the girls might swipe it while I was distracted by the other.  

Probably gonna lose a couple organs either way with those 2😀

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects

51 minutes ago, tooley1chris said:

Probably gonna lose a couple organs either way with those 2😀

And wake up in a bathtub filled with ice? Well, then I won't sweat the tablet. 

• Haha 1

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

USPS says I'm getting the 1st hardback proof of Starship Construction book today. Hopefully it's good to go and I can publish it to DTRPG for PoD.
  2nd proof of Hardback Core book is shipped and should be here in a couple weeks.469490.thumb.jpg.b49e798353dd692ffb1f1c25a33fb5a7.jpg

• Like 2

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

Posted (edited)

Just got a very pleasant surprise when returning home. 

Both Starship Construction & Identification book AND Quasar Core book (2nd draft) came in today!

Gotta proof them but on cursory inspection they both look beautiful! 

So psyched to release these for PoD!

20240517_162224.thumb.jpg.b280f963247a76cfae442e5523fee26d.jpg

Edited by tooley1chris
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

All three books are now available for Print on Demand on DTRPG!

It's been a long long road but I'm pretty excited! Hope you find a use for these.

https://legacy.drivethrurpg.com/browse.php?keywords=Tooley&x=0&y=0&author=&artist=&pfrom=&pto=

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/6msdZJ5B2oAV3wub/?mibextid=xfxF2i

Edited by tooley1chris
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

I've ordered proofs of QUASAR CORE, STAR SYSTEMS, & STARSHIP CONSTRUCTION Hardback books in Standard Color and they should be sent to me within a few weeks. 

Kinda miffed I HAVE to order a proof of the SAME file before I can publish it...but its good to make sure it looks good first. 

Nature of the game.

Standard Color is less vibrant and rich, and art will be a little flat, but it's cheaper than the Premium Color the books that they are currently available in. I've had a few requests for this to make then more affordable. 

As always, I'm all about bringing people to BRP. It's not about the $.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLGSmovv/

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/cZFNRR2zAqDLiVxx/?mibextid=oFDknk

Edited by tooley1chris
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've gotta question...sorta off the record...*WINK WINK*

Three days ago my young daughter suggested advertising QUASAR on TikTok.

I KNOW BRP is a niche market, though growing. 

Sci-fi BRP even MORE so.

I never thought QUASAR would take off. Everyone loves fantasy. I get it. Me TOOOOO! My First love here will always be MW.

I actually miss doing Magic World stuff...sometimes.

However, we posted some Tiks 3 days ago, the same silly vids I've posted here and a few other places.   BUT my sales went up SIGNIFICANTLY since then.   Not even kidding, like 25% in TWO DAYS, as opposed to sales since last November...

25% in TWO DAYS!

I got an algorithm break down from tiktok and like 80% of the people that clicked on one of my videos didn't watch more than 5 seconds before backing out. Before the game system was even properly advertised. 

I get that. It's an Ad. I skip them as well!

Every damn day! There's so many that don't pertain to me OR my interests. Whatever.

But STILL... that's a pretty BIG coincidence.

Not Chaosium, or Piazo, or Kobold, or LASTLY Wizards big (DUH)

But a massive increase in sales over a couple days compared to 5 months of sales!

The PoD books aren't cheap and I'm NOT making a bunch of $ on the Print on Demand because I want to keep the price affordable ...but.... 25%  WHAT???

I'll admit, I'm surprised by the people on FB or other sites that have NEVER even heard of BRP Central! 

How do you possibly do a BRP search and not find Triafletraxor the ALMIGHTY or BRP CENTRAL? 🤷‍♂️

(I KNOW I've brought a LOT of people here over the last few months because they NEVER even heard of it! 😲   Again,  SO weird. The interwebs is a big place, but STILL! BRP Central is THE place to be!) 

Anyway, I realize a LOT of content creators here have relied on the Chaosium version of "modules" or the  most excellent "expansions" for their sales, which isn't even a thing anymore. (Not sure why?)

$ is $ 🤷‍♂️.

Recognition and content is  also is $ 🤷‍♂️

Won't pretend to be an expert in lawfare. They have people much smarter than I involved in such things. 👍

Ugh. I'm ramblimg! 

My point (or original question is this):

What do content creators here use for advertising?

I'm Sci-fi, so I'm not much competition as of yet. For anyone.

How do I get QUASAR to be the Go-To for BRP Space Opera under this system?   How do I bring more people into the BRP fold, where they SHOULD be?

Even if it's for fantasy, or Super Powers, or Post Apocalyptic gaming? What are more profitable people doing to bring people HERE?

Staff, if you pay attention, what can I do to bring people from the significantly more popular 5.0 D&D system to the superior BRP system? As I've said in all of my free and paid for materials,  my intent is ALWAYS to bring more people to BRP.

After DECADES of D&D, I can't think of a more worthy goal. I wish I came up with this most worthy system.

If someone can find my original post here on this website, I'd love a link. It says it all and I can't find it.

As always, I love you all. I hope you find a use for my materials.

Edited by tooley1chris

1 hour ago, tooley1chris said:

I've gotta question...sorta off the record...*WINK WINK*

Three days ago my young daughter suggested advertising QUASAR on TikTok.

I KNOW BRP is a niche market, though growing. 

Sci-fi BRP even MORE so.

I never thought QUASAR would take off. Everyone loves fantasy. I get it. Me TOOOOO! My First love here will always be MW.

I actually miss doing Magic World stuff...sometimes.

However, we posted some Tiks 3 days ago, the same silly vids I've posted here and a few other places.   BUT my sales went up SIGNIFICANTLY since then.   Not even kidding, like 25% in TWO DAYS, as opposed to sales since last November...

25% in TWO DAYS!

I got an algorithm break down from tiktok and like 80% of the people that clicked on one of my videos didn't watch more than 5 seconds before backing out. Before the game system was even properly advertised. 

I get that. It's an Ad. I skip them as well!

Every damn day! There's so many that don't pertain to me OR my interests. Whatever.

But STILL... that's a pretty BIG coincidence.

Not Chaosium, or Piazo, or Kobold, or LASTLY Wizards big (DUH)

But a massive increase in sales over a couple days compared to 5 months of sales!

The PoD books aren't cheap and I'm NOT making a bunch of $ on the Print on Demand because I want to keep the price affordable ...but.... 25%  WHAT???

I'll admit, I'm surprised by the people on FB or other sites that have NEVER even heard of BRP Central! 

How do you possibly do a BRP search and not find Triafletraxor the ALMIGHTY or BRP CENTRAL? 🤷‍♂️

(I KNOW I've brought a LOT of people here over the last few months because they NEVER even heard of it! 😲   Again,  SO weird. The interwebs is a big place, but STILL! BRP Central is THE place to be!) 

Anyway, I realize a LOT of content creators here have relied on the Chaosium version of "modules" or the  most excellent "expansions" for their sales, which isn't even a thing anymore. (Not sure why?)

$ is $ 🤷‍♂️.

Recognition and content is  also is $ 🤷‍♂️

Won't pretend to be an expert in lawfare. They have people much smarter than I involved in such things. 👍

Ugh. I'm ramblimg! 

My point (or original question is this):

What do content creators here use for advertising?

I'm Sci-fi, so I'm not much competition as of yet. For anyone.

How do I get QUASAR to be the Go-To for BRP Space Opera under this system?   How do I bring more people into the BRP fold, where they SHOULD be?

Even if it's for fantasy, or Super Powers, or Post Apocalyptic gaming? What are more profitable people doing to bring people HERE?

Staff, if you pay attention, what can I do to bring people from the significantly more popular 5.0 D&D system to the superior BRP system? As I've said in all of my free and paid for materials,  my intent is ALWAYS to bring more people to BRP.

After DECADES of D&D, I can't think of a more worthy goal. I wish I came up with this most worthy system.

If someone can find my original post here on this website, I'd love a link. It says it all and I can't find it.

As always, I love you all. I hope you find a use for my materials.

I have an idea, but it might not be practical... I sometimes see online actual-plays on youtube as podcast that seem to get a lot of attention. Also if you could get a well-respected youtube reviewer to review Quasar, that might help a lot. If you go that route, i recommend Seth Skorkowsky. You might have a hard time getting him to do it (he is likely backlogged) but i know a lot of people that watch his stuff! Note, Seth has reviewed several Call of Cthulhu and Traveller books and Quasar might be a natural fit!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

5 hours ago, tooley1chris said:

Talking from the other side of the media table, our Glorantha podcast (https://godlearners.com) regularly contacts (or is contacted by) content creators (especially the community content creators) to talk about their significant releases. While ours is a niche segment of fandom, it has a very targeted audience, so the two hours or so of prep and interview might be a good balance. (For QUASAR we obviously don't represent the target audience.)

5 hours ago, tooley1chris said:

My feats of system advocacy date back to before the internet was generally accessible, when I organized a university gaming association in order to get university space for one-day local conventions. We were pushing for a German language game system (Midgard) that we preferred over AD&D, and in order to generate a convention experience and spread the system I wrote two memorable "tournament" scenarios involving multiple player groups interacting with one another. I still occasionally play that other system with folk I know from that time.

I understand that conventions in the US work differently from our meek beginnings, as do other such gaming events, but I wonder whether providing convention event packages using the system to organizers or other volunteers. Possibly to game stores for free rpg day, as things that can be run flamboyantly with a modicum of local preparation. Possibly as educational or edutainment material for teachers? You have a track record of providing quality free material.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

Posted (edited)

Have you thought of sending a complementary copy to the gaming gang.com? Jeff, who runs it puts on a weekly show on YouTube and gets an audiance thats pretty good. He rather likes BRP including: Cuthulhu, KAP, RQ and the BRP universal game engine. The audiance that tunes in, aren't casual gamers. They're OSR, Traveler, Warhammer and BRP etc. fans and GMs, who want the latest news and to find out about new games and products. If he likes it and I'm sure he would, (BRP+Sci-Fi+well written) that would really reach out to a new audiance for you. He's not to bothered about 5th-ed much, so the "only RPG in the world is the latest version of D&D brigade", tend not to get in the way. He has an audiance that I think would be interested.

P.S. I ordered my hard copies the other day.

Edited by Rich Tom
  • Helpful 1

On 6/2/2024 at 7:29 AM, Rich Tom said:

Have you thought of sending a complementary copy to the gaming gang.com? 

Just took a gander at their website. They cover a lot of bases! Thanks for the info!

DTRPG Just notified me all three Hardback proof books in Standard Color Format have just shipped out to me. Hopefully I'll receive them quickly and they look good for release to public!  

Screenshot_20240222_174343_WPSOffice.jpg.adf4eb31f90e2b3717c33fe87b54cc5f.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So I came home to another pleasant surprise. DTRPG sent me an email yesterday stating my Standard Color proofs shipped. So I figured I'd get them in like 2 weeks.

Nope. Today! 

QUASAR CORE, STAR SYSTEMS, and STARSHIP CONSTRUCTION books are now available in hardcover Standard Color on DTRPG!
The picture color is slightly less vibrant than premium (of course) but the bigger difference is the blacks aren't as dark. Not enough difference, honestly, for the big variation in price between the two from DTRPG but you can decide!
Left book in the image is premium color. 

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/en/publisher/26105/christopher-tooley?keyword=tooley

20240611_171219.thumb.jpg.9910df6d79eb5694d9e52da4511053f4.jpg

Edited by tooley1chris
UPDATED

Posted (edited)

Early father's day present. Fam got my book covers on 11x16 canvas😎

(QUASAR trivia. Sentience & Sapience was going to be a separate book originally, but I thought that was too greedy😜)20240612_200128.thumb.jpg.5c724d457c408a9a528cec307ad093c9.jpg

Edited by tooley1chris
  • Like 2