Coming in March: a new cover for The Glorantha Sourcebook

MOB

Is this update going to correct items that have been changed in the Mythology book, to bring the two in line?

For example, the Glorantha Sourcebook has the first six members of the Unity Council as:

Aram-ya-Udram

The Only Old One

The dragonewt Heart of Weakness

Speaking  Wheel

The elf Fwalfa Oakheart

The dwarf Martaler the Blazing Forge

Whereas Mythology has them as:

Aram ya-Udram

The Only Old One

The Inhuman King

The Speaking Wheel

Kyger Litor

Orlanth

Ironically, the accompanying artwork in Mythology (p.58 in the PDF version) appears to show those members listed in the Sourcebook and not those from Mythology (e.g. it includes a dwarf and an elf).

If this sort of detail has been changed, then I assume that there have been sone other materials changes here and there which are also being updated in the new edition of the Sourcebook?

Edited by Steve
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Is this update going to correct items that have been changed in the Mythology book, to bring the two in line?

For example, the Glorantha Sourcebook has the first six members of the Unity Council as:

One is a mythological list and one is a historical list. Makes sense to me.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

15 hours ago, jajagappa said:

The presence of Orlanth and Kyger Litor in the Mythology list clearly suggests it occurs outside of Time (or within the Godtime) as well.

Their seats are described as being taken by a mistress race troll and the King of the Heortlings, respectively.

Kyger Litor and Orlanth are not literally present at the Council. This seems no different from the make-up of an Orlanthi clan ring where there are representatives of deities.

Edited by Steve
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2023 at 11:34 PM, g33k said:

There is a *huge* amount of really top-tier art already in the Guide!
The new art is undeniably good.  But I don't see that it's really an improvement.

I think there are a couple of very-minor textual tweaks they'd like to do, but nothing that (IMO) really justifies a new edition.

IIRC, Chaosium has (informally) speculated about a reprint / new edition.
They have indicated that such a project would likely move to 4 standard-sized volumes, rather than 2 oversized.

it depends on the perspective

for me (as an example) I don't need to buy this version because what I want is new textual information, aligned with the rqg background and/or rules.

But,

- if I were a new customer, I would like to buy my new content in the same style/fashion than the first RQG book  (core rule) I would have bought

- If I had a most "art" inclination, even if the text is the same, I would buy it too. I m not saying that I dislike Loic's creations (quite the contrary, I m happy to find them in the products I buy) but it is not a "trigger" for me

So it makes sense to me that chaosium creates a new version even if I'm not in the target.