The Call of Cthulhu Humble Bundle Is Live!

MOB

415493776_825299019607686_3288616277968145_n.jpeg.f855acb3c7536c13a472b7909d06e32f.jpeg

We are so excited to announce the Call of Cthulhu Humble Bundle! For a limited time, you can donate to charity and receive up to 25 Call of Cthulhu titles valued at over $400. There are 3 different bundles which scale depending on how much you donate—the more you donate, the more books you’ll receive!

The Call of Cthulhu Humble Bundle is the perfect on-ramp for Cthulhu-curious tabletop roleplayers looking to take their first forays into the eldritch unknown while supporting a great cause.

Our long-time Cthulhu fans will find the Call of Cthulhu Humble Bundle a great way to get additional digital copies of your most well-loved books, or round out your existing library.

When you support the Humble Bundle, you’ll be donating to The World Wildlife Fund—one of the world’s largest and most experienced independent conservation organizations. The WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.

The Call of Cthulhu Humble Bundle is live now, and will be available until January 27th at 11am Pacific Time!

• Like 8

I got this bundle and I am trying to figure out if I have these PDFs is there anything else in the 7th edition I should be looking for? I saw another post that had a bulk list of every format of every book that was released but as I don't want a hard copy the list is a bit overwhelming.  

I am trying to go through the other list just in case there is not a better list. 

15 hours ago, Trudra said:

I got this bundle and I am trying to figure out if I have these PDFs is there anything else in the 7th edition I should be looking for? I saw another post that had a bulk list of every format of every book that was released but as I don't want a hard copy the list is a bit overwhelming.  

I am trying to go through the other list just in case there is not a better list. 

The latest edition of Call of Cthulhu came out in 2014, here's the current publication list by Chaosium, excluding fiction. Nearly all of these products can be found on our website or DrivethruRPG:

CHA23129    Secrets of Tibet
CHA23130-H    Horror on the Orlent Express
CHA23130-X    Horror on the Orlent Express
CHA23131    Call of Cthulhu Quickstart
CHA23132    Dead Light
CHA23133    Nameless Horrors
CHA23134    Ripples from Carcosa
CHA23135-H    Keeper Rulebook
CHA23135-X    Call of Cthulhu Slipcase Set
CHA23136-H    Investigator Handbook
CHA23137    Keeper Screen Pack
CHA23138-H    Petersen Guide to Lovecraftian Horrors
CHA23139-KD    Keeper Deck
CHA23140    Gateways To Terror
CHA23141-H    The Grand Grimoire of Cthulhu Mythos Magic
CHA23142    Dark Ages 2nd Edition
CHA23143    Cold Harvest
CHA23144    Horror on the Orlent Express Keeper Screen
CHA23145    Alone Against the Flames
CHA23146    Cthulhu Through the Ages
CHA23147    Sense Impacts (CD)
CHA23148-H    Doors to Darkness
CHA23149-H    Reign of Terror
CHA23150    The Derelict (free RPG day)
CHA23151-H    Down Darker Trails
CHA23152-H    Petersen's Abominations
CHA23153-X    Masks of Nyarlathotep 5th edition
CHA23154    Alone Against the Dark
CHA23155-H    Terror Australis (2nd edition)
CHA23156-H    Shadows over Still Water
CHA23157    Scritch Scratch
CHA23158-X    Starter Set
CHA23159    Dead Light and Other Dark Turns
CHA23161-H    Berlin the Wicked City
CHA23162-H    A Cold Fire Within
CHA23163    The Shadow Over Providence
CHA23164    Alone Against the Frost
CHA23165-H    Cthulhu Dark Ages (3rd Edition)
CHA23166-H    Harlem Unbound (2nd Edition)
CHA23167-H    Mansions of Madness Vol 1
CHA23168-H    Malleus Monstrorum - Vol 1
CHA23169-H    Malleus Monstrorum - Vol 2
CHA23170-X    Malleus SlipCase
CHA23171    The Malleus Monstrorum Keeper Deck
CHA23172    Does Love Forgive
CHA23173-H    Children of Fear
CHA23174    Alone Against the Tide
CHA23175-L    CoC Anniversary Rulebook
CHA23176-H    A Time to Harvest
CHA23177-H    Cults of Cthulhu
CHA23178-X    COC Starter Set 2e
CHA23179-H    Regency Cthulhu
CHA23180-H    Nameless Horrors
CHA23181-H    Alone Against the Static
CHA5115        H.P. Lovecraft's The Call of Cthulhu for Beginning Readers
CHA5116        Call of Cthulhu: The Coloring Book
CHA5117        H.P. Lovecraft's Dagon for Beginning Readers
CHA5120        Keepers Tips

43 minutes ago, Madcow76 said:

What is the Core Rulebook for 7th edition?  Everything I'm reading suggests I only need the Investigator's, Keepers, and Keepers Screen to get started.

CHA23135-H    Keeper Rulebook (Core Rules) is all you need. Although the Investigator Handbook (players book) and Keeper Screen Pack (GM Screen) are very useful too.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Scotty said:

The latest edition of Call of Cthulhu came out in 2014, here's the current publication list by Chaosium, excluding fiction. Nearly all of these products can be found on our website or DrivethruRPG:

CHA23129    Secrets of Tibet
CHA5120        Keepers Tips

Wow, that is quite the list!!!  🤯  😁

Aside from non "edition" books (such as the coloring book, or the "Beginning Readers" series) is everything that's NOT a 7e book marked as-such, e.g.
 "CHA23142    Dark Ages 2nd Edition" is presumably for CoC2e
 "CHA23165-H    Cthulhu Dark Ages (3rd Edition)" is presumably for CoC3e

Is that correct?

(Confusingly, tho, I think that "Harlem Unbound (2nd Edition)" is NOT for CoC2e, but the 2e of a CoC7e rulebook (the 1e of HU having been a produced by Darker Hue under license))

C'es ne pas un .sig

Please don't be confused: the second and third editions of Cthulhu Dark Ages, and the fifth edition of Masks of Nyarlathotep, are all products for 7th edition Call of Cthulhu. That's why they're on David's list of products that use the 7th edition rules. (They aren't the core rulebook, they have separate edition counts; I'm slightly startled that you didn't understand this, but maybe it was late when you wrote that.)

• Helpful 1

With just 12 days to go, we have sold over 18,000 Call of Cthulhu Humble Bundles and raised over USD$40,000 for charity!

Get this amazing deal today, and support a good cause at the same time!

HumbleBundletitles.thumb.jpeg.dee492f11741565fad8e38e19e0b8012.jpeg

$408.00 Value • Pay What You Want • Supporting the World Wildlife Fund

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/call-cthulhu-chaosium-inc-books
Edited by MOB
  • Like 3

I'm sure everyone has bought this by now, but if anyone has not, it's worth finding the little "Adjust Donation" button when purchasing, as it allows you to increase the proportion of the sale that goes to both Chaosium and to WWF.

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.

One more question.  The Humble Bundle (which I've now bought, go me) is listed as the 8th printing, but is undated on the ISBN page.  I also ordered a physical copy (I might be obsessive) and the date listed is in 2016.  Are there any meaningful edit differences and which (if any) is the "Current" 7th edition Keeper book? 

7 minutes ago, Madcow76 said:

One more question.  The Humble Bundle (which I've now bought, go me) is listed as the 8th printing, but is undated on the ISBN page.  I also ordered a physical copy (I might be obsessive) and the date listed is in 2016.  Are there any meaningful edit differences and which (if any) is the "Current" 7th edition Keeper book? 

There are no meaningful edit differences. 

• Thanks 1

Call of Cthulhu Humble Bundle has raised $50K for charity so far

With just over a week to go, our Call of Cthulhu Humble Bundle has raised over USD$50,000 for the World Wildlife Fund charity —one of the world’s largest and most experienced independent conservation organizations!

Jump on board while you can and see why Call of Cthulhu has been the #1 horror TTRPG for over 40 years.

Call of Cthulhu Humble Bundle

Edited by MOB

I purchased this today. Does anyone have a good way to print out the Keepers Screen? I was hoping to use the charts and make my own screen but when I print the chart it just comes out on one page:). I can barely read it. Any help would be appreciated. 

On my Mac, I opened the PDF in Preview, enlarged the image so the screen filled one page. Then I took a screen shot of the first section, moved it across and took a screenshot of the second page etc. You can then print the jpegs.

You need to enlarge the PDF first otherwise the screenshot is not sharp when you take a screen shot.

I didn't try printing it though.

I think from memory the same tables are in the appendixes of the main rules and/or players guide. Sorry didn't check but I'm sure someone will confirm or otherwise 

I don't have a windows PC but I suspect there is a similar APP to Preview on Windows?

@Jlopienski I checked the Keepers & Investigators rulebook.. there's a summary in the Keepers book which is not quite a succinct as the GM shield.

I never hide behind a shield anyways.. its harder to intimidate and scare players when they can't see the .44 Magnum in your hand as you fiddle with your dice and stare at them with a faraway look that suggests you might just fail a SAN roll and shoot them. 

Edited by Nozbat
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jlopienski said:

I purchased this today. Does anyone have a good way to print out the Keepers Screen? I was hoping to use the charts and make my own screen but when I print the chart it just comes out on one page:). I can barely read it. Any help would be appreciated. 

I printed it out on standard 8-1/2x11 printer paper in landscape (each panned is one sheet), luckily I also have access to a drymount machine at work and drymounted each panel to one long piece of mat board, that I had scored before hand for the folds in the screen. This is very close to the actual size of the physical screen, if I did another one I might give a tad more length to the center section so that the screen folds down a bit better then having each section the same size as what was printed (when I printed and drymounted it I didnt take in account the thickness of the mat board I used, so when folded up the end panels are bowed slightly).

I already had the Keepers Screen pack that I had previously bought through Amazon. The one I printed off and drymounted is probably going to be put to use as a backup screen or maybe kept in my car so I have it in case I end up running a pickup game.

I will probably print off about a half dozen copies of the starter set quick start rules for scenarios I run for new players so during the game they have some of the rules at hand to go over (of course these will be collected and reused again and again with the recommendation that if the new players enjoyed the game that they can purchase their own starter set from the FLGS, Chaosium, Amazon, ect.. and get a Solo Scenario along with 3 more introductory scenarios to run for friends).

• Haha 1

On 1/23/2024 at 6:05 PM, Nozbat said:

On my Mac, I opened the PDF in Preview, enlarged the image so the screen filled one page. Then I took a screen shot of the first section, moved it across and took a screenshot of the second page etc. You can then print the jpegs.

You need to enlarge the PDF first otherwise the screenshot is not sharp when you take a screen shot.

I didn't try printing it though.

I think from memory the same tables are in the appendixes of the main rules and/or players guide. Sorry didn't check but I'm sure someone will confirm or otherwise 

I don't have a windows PC but I suspect there is a similar APP to Preview on Windows?

Thank you 

Humble Bundle Call of Cthulhu

Thanks to the incredible response to the Call of Cthulhu campaign, Humble Bundle has extended the offer for one more week!

Just $25 gets you over $400 worth of digital Call of Cthulhu books - the starter set, the core rules, and years worth of gaming fun! Jump on board while you can and see why Call of Cthulhu has been the #1 horror TTRPG for over 40 years.

Humble Bundle call of Cthulhu - extended by one week due to popular demand

• Like 1

MMillioHumble.thumb.png.8ca8ef741fd82194b404171d6a7541e1.png

Call of Cthulhu fans, make sure your gamer friends know they've got just over 24 hours to be part of our amazing Humble Bundle. If anyone you know is "Cthulhu curious", now's their chance!

$404.00 Value • Pay What You Want • Supporting the World Wildlife Fund • This time it won't be extended!

On 1/23/2024 at 5:41 PM, Jlopienski said:

I highly recommend The World's Greatest Screen (TWGS) from Hammerdog Games. Just don't be a dope like me and leave it in your car on a hot day!

https://hammerdog-games.myshopify.com/collections/the-worlds-greatest-screen

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

I bought this shortly after it went live. I just checked and realized the PDFs don't transfer to DTRPG. I was hoping to have all my RPG stuff in one place, but I'll manage! It's a phenomenal value!

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja