La Broma Macabre english translation?

moofrank

Has there been any update on Alex de la Iglesia's La Broma Macabre in English? This is a lovely-looking short campaign and a romp through europe. 

The author is also the creator of the best Call of Cthulhu tv series ever made ("30 Coins"). And one scene in the series has the best Masks of Nyarlathotep cameo EVER. He's clearly a fan. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2024 at 9:24 AM, Johan said:

I created an account just for this reply 😄 

Hello, and welcome!
Please, take no note of anything that seems to be oddly moving in the empty corners hereabouts... they prefer not to be noticed.

On 1/30/2024 at 9:24 AM, Johan said:

I am waiting as well and asked EDGE by mail. After a lot of mails I basically got "ask Chaosium" So I better start learning Spanish again 😅

I s'pose then that it's best then to get out the old stone athame, and the obsidian flensing knife, draw the pentacle, and...

Say, aren't there any spare virgins left??!?

Anyone?

Bueller?

<sigh>
That's the thing about chickens, y'know?  Stuff 'em in a cage & feed 'em, you can be sure they're virgins when you need one!

Iä R'lyea! @Mike M ftagn! Iä! Iä!

There!  Just you wait a bit ... I'm sure it won't hurt (for very long).
At least, the screaming is pretty brief.
Usually.

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 1/19/2024 at 5:25 AM, moofrank said:

Has there been any update on Alex de la Iglesia's La Broma Macabre in English? This is a lovely-looking short campaign and a romp through europe. 

The author is also the creator of the best Call of Cthulhu tv series ever made ("30 Coins"). And one scene in the series has the best Masks of Nyarlathotep cameo EVER. He's clearly a fan. 

Yes, Alex is a big Call of Cthulhu fan.

We do plan to release The Macabre Joke in English in due course, but have no release date yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been soooo waiting for sooo long for this to be released. I hope it won't take long. I've seen the book and it is the most beautiful CoC book I have ever seen. If it is taking too long, I'll have to get the spanish PDF and translate it myself somehow 🙂 I'd prefer an official one of course. Will you leave the art / layout mostly intact? It is really good looking.