2008 Conventions

soltakss

Is anyone going to Tentacles or Continuum this year?

I've signed up for Tentacles and will hopefully sign up for Continuum later this year.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

There is an own thread for the Continuum con in below in this forum, and a link to the Tentacles con in the link list. I'm not that familiar with Continuum, but Tentacles is a con for HeroQuest, RuneQuest and Chaosium games.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Continuum 1st - 4th August 2008 in Leicester, UK.

Tentacles Convention - Welcome! 9th - 12th May 2008 at castle Stahleck, Bacharach, Germany (yes, it is held in a castle)

Both are heavily Chaosium based, Tentacles is more CoC oriented than Continuum, both have RQ and Glorantha and HeroQuest. There are board games, RPGs, Freeforms and all sorts of goodies.

I went to Tentacles for the first time last year and had an absolute blast. I used to go to Convulsions, the forerunner to Tentacles, but had a spouse-enforced break for a few years, but I've been to the last 2 Continuums and they were pretty good.

If you like BRP-based games, have a free weekend and can stand being around like-minded people (i.e. geeks and nerds, myself being an obvious exception which is why I am on this forum at 12.40am :) ) then they are well worth going to.

If you do sign up to Tentacles because of reading this and haven't been before, then put my name "Simon Phipp" as the person who introduced you and I'll buy you a drink or two .......

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

If you like BRP-based games, have a free weekend and can stand being around like-minded people (i.e. geeks and nerds, myself being an obvious exception which is why I am on this forum at 12.40am :) ) then they are well worth going to.

If you do sign up to Tentacles because of reading this and haven't been before, then put my name "Simon Phipp" as the person who introduced you and I'll buy you a drink or two .......

Hmm... I want to go. And I'd like a drink or two! :P

Starting in a new job in March, have to talk to them then to see if I'm able to get some days off. Is the Tentacles filled up fast, or can the sign up wait a bit?

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Last time it filled up in about April but there were cancellations so people could get in later.

Payment is due by the end of February, after that there's a late booking charge then another after that.

One of the gamers in my group signed up in April and got in with a cancellation. I signed up in March and had to pay a late fee. So you should be OK.

So, is your new job in the Darkest Arctic (or Lightest Arctic soon to be) or are you moving to more temperate climes?

• 2 months later...

Continuum's a great convention. Guests this year are:

Greg Stafford

Jeff Richard

Sandy Petersen

Mark Galeotti

Angus Abranson

I'm waiting to hear from Charlie Krank, too.

There are LOTS for Glorantha/BRP/MRQ games being run over the course of the weekend, which is 1st to 4th August. The con has a long tradition of support RQ, HeroQuest and Chaosium's stable. Sandy is running his famed 'Evil High Priest' Cthulhu freeform and Greg will be running HeroQuest and Pendragon games.

If you want to book for Continuum, do so before Tuesday as the price increases from 1st April. At the moment the prices are:

Registration for Residential Members: £20 (£35 from 1st April)

3-Night room (Fri, Sat, Sun) booking: £105

Single Night room booking: £40 per night

All rooms are extremely comfortable and en-suite. Each room has bed linen and towels, plus telephone and internet access. The rooms are grouped into flats of 6 rooms, with a large, airy, well equipped kitchen - great for impromptu gaming.

If you intend to come along just on a Day Pass, these cost £18 each per day and can be bought on the day or in advance.

What else can Continuum offer?

Superb range of games. We'll have the preliminary timetable up soon.

Great bar with Real Ales

Seminars and guest presentations: Glorantha, HeroQuest, RuneQuest and BRP

Auction

Pub Quiz and Ice Breaker events to get everyone into the con spirit

Continuum's noted for its friendly and relatively relaxed atmosphere. If you've never been to a convention before, its a good place to start, and we have a small army of Mentors who are there specifically to help newcomers get the most out of the con.

And if there's a strong enough BRP Central presence, I dare say we could help facilitate a BRP Central seminar so you can all get to meet each other face to face.

I really do hope to see lots of you there. PM me if you have any specific questions.

Loz

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

I signed up for Continuum on Friday. My first time and looking forward to it. Just looking at the travel arrangements now and trying to see if I can rope in a marte or two.

Looking forward to Heroquest, CoC, BRP, RuneQuest etc and meeting some of the Legends.

Likes to sneak around

115/420

Well, I'm going to miss the Continuum Early Bird Registration, so it'll be an expensive Con this year. Hopefully I'll sign up before the end of April.

Excellent, Merak (and always nice to see ol' Merak from Stormbringer 1st ed coming out of retirement...!)

Yes. Very fond

memories. My first rpg game, the first experiences as GM. Happy days.

Don't suppose I could get your signature on my copy of Elric by any chance?

Likes to sneak around

115/420

I've just registered for the tentacles convention, and will bring with me two friends! All signed up referring to you Simon! :thumb:

Wahay!

I get a free drinks card for every sign-up, so I'll be able to afford to buy you a drink!

Look forward to meeting you there.

Simon

• 3 weeks later...