Solar Book Cults

Do we know the Solar book cults yet? I guess..

Yelm
Yelmalio
Shargash
Polaris
Lokarnos
Lodril
Dayzatar (but not sensibly playable)

Who else? Will Erissa and Buserian get their own writeups different from Lightbringers? 

3 hours ago, Aurelius said:

Do we know the Solar book cults yet? I guess..

Yelm
Yelmalio
Shargash
Polaris
Lokarnos
Lodril
Dayzatar (but not sensibly playable)

Who else? Will Erissa and Buserian get their own writeups different from Lightbringers? 

You missed all the females

Dendara
Gorgorma 
The Lowfires
Oslira
Ourania
Yelorna 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aurelius said:

Do we know the Solar book cults yet?

Based on the preview volumes, this is the current guess:

What The Sun Priest Says

• Yelm
  • Dayzatar
  • Dendara
  • Gorgorma
  • Lodril
  • Lokarnos
  • The Lowfires
  • Ourania
  • Polaris
  • Shargash
  • Yelmalio
  • Yelorna The Starbringer

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/catalogue/publishers/chaosium/cults-of-runequest-series/runequest-gods-of-glorantha-previews-2019/

• Helpful 2

26 minutes ago, Jens said:

Based on the preview volumes, this is the current guess:

What The Sun Priest Says

• Yelm
  • Dayzatar
  • Dendara
  • Gorgorma
  • Lodril
  • Lokarnos
  • The Lowfires
  • Ourania
  • Polaris
  • Shargash
  • Yelmalio
  • Yelorna The Starbringer

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/catalogue/publishers/chaosium/cults-of-runequest-series/runequest-gods-of-glorantha-previews-2019/

What I'm most curious about will be sub-cults for Yelm and how the Yelm of the Pentans and the Yelm of Dara Happa will differ (i.e latter is Yelm Imperator, former is uh I don't know the proper term for it. Yu-Kargzant? The Sun Horse? Effectively the writeup of Yelm in the RQ:G Corebook but more fleshed out I imagine?).
Really can't wait for the Solar Book, it's the thing I've wanted most out of the RQ:G gameline.

• Like 3

I think the schedule for cult books is solar, darkness, water, spirits, chaos and also the invisible god some time after all of these

29 minutes ago, Mao said:

What I'm most curious about will be sub-cults for Yelm and how the Yelm of the Pentans and the Yelm of Dara Happa will differ (i.e latter is Yelm Imperator, former is uh I don't know the proper term for it. Yu-Kargzant? The Sun Horse? Effectively the writeup of Yelm in the RQ:G Corebook but more fleshed out I imagine?).
Really can't wait for the Solar Book, it's the thing I've wanted most out of the RQ:G gameline.

the preview notes these as subcults:Antirius, Avivorus, Dynasty Founders, Erissa, Golden Bow, Hyraos Truetune, Red Emperor, Saggitus

• Helpful 1

28 minutes ago, theconfusingeel said:

I think the schedule for cult books is solar, darkness, water, spirits, chaos and also the invisible god some time after all of these

the preview notes these as subcults:Antirius, Avivorus, Dynasty Founders, Erissa, Golden Bow, Hyraos Truetune, Red Emperor, Saggitus

Antirius subcult? Is that as a sub-cult for Yelm or Yelmalio? I assumed at first all the ones you listed were sub-cults for Yelm but Erissa included confuses me. Does that imply Erissa as like, a sub-cult in the sense it's a figure very close to the Yelm cult as opposed to being a regional variant of Yelm? (albeit Erissa is regional, Pelorian version of Chalana Arroy).
That is to say, to use an example, Erissa's inclusion in Yelm's cult writeup is like Barntar or Drorgarsi listed as a sub-cult in Orlanth's Cults of RuneQuest: The Lightbringers cult writeup? Not being a regional variant of Orlanth but still very close to his cult.
If these are all just Yelm's sub-cults this is very promising and interesting! One thing I was really curious is whether archers in Peloria/Lunar Empire all needed descent from Yelm to draw on Yelm the Archer (Saggitus) or not. Yelm's cult is restrictive but there's a lot of archers out there, was my thinking.

Thanks!

On 6/5/2024 at 6:57 PM, theconfusingeel said:

Sagittus but not Hastatus seems a little odd? Unless Hastatus = Avivorus?

1 hour ago, Akhôrahil said:

Sagittus but not Hastatus seems a little odd? Unless Hastatus = Avivorus?

See https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/gloranthan-documents/prosopaedia/deities/a/avivorus/

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

For anyone who can’t wait for this book there are 3 great books in the Staford library on the Chaosium website. 

Glorious re-ascent of Yelm     
the Fortunate Succession   
the Entekosiad

Those 3 books give so much depth to the solar religion from a Dara Happan and Pelandan point of view. 

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, theconfusingeel said:

At this point I know that this book is almost finished, but I do wonder if we will ever get a hyalor write up(and if he provides any spell other than talk to horses)

Hyalor is a heroic ancestor and thus unlikely to have a fully fledged cult in his own right.  It's far more likely that any Hyalor cult will be a Yelmalion cult with his name attached.

2 hours ago, theconfusingeel said:

At this point I know that this book is almost finished, but I do wonder if we will ever get a hyalor write up(and if he provides any spell other than talk to horses)

Hyalor is a culture hero, who is the model chief and god of horsemen. He's worshipped by the Grazelanders, and the horsefolk of Pent and Ralios and an associate of solar cults, such as Dendara, Kargzant, Yelm, Yelmalio. I suspect that any full cult will give Command Horse, teach Ride (horse), and its only priest will automatically be someone like the Luminous Stallion King (amongst the Grazelanders). Most of the cult's magic will come from associates like Hippoi - speak with Horse, etc. I don't think there's much more to him.

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/