runequesting.com - now in beta

1 hour ago, g33k said:

Is there a plan to include other deities from the "Cults of RuneQuest" line, in time?

Very much so. The initial effort was to get the contents of the core rulebook out, but now that's done the plan is very much to start adding content from other RuneQuest publications

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Final patch released for this week. From now on, unless there is an urgent bug that needs fixing, I'll be making updates once per week at the weekend. The updates present in this one are as follows: 

• Updated panels to appear correctly on smaller screen resolutions
  • Help text that appears when importing a character is no longer partially hidden on smaller screen resolutions
  • Added capability to re-roll 1's during character generation.
  • Fixed bug where certain combinations of occupation and cult caused the builder to freeze
  • Added Eurmal subcult rune spells to options when choosing spells
  • Fixed issue where siblings were always listed as Sister, regardless of gender
  • Fixed issue where armor didn't always reduce incoming damage
  • Corrected Sleep to be a 3 point spirit spell.
  • Added Rune Priest to the cult rank when importing a character
  • On the skill information panel, hide the category modifier from the skill calculation where the base value of the skill is 0%
  • Added breakdown of skill value on Spirit Combat information panel when in edit mode
  • Fixed bug where adding a new rune without entering details would cause a crash
  • Fixed bug where selecting 'other' on a weapon spell could result in a crash
  • Fixed bug where bonus from Speedart was applied to all weapons rather than the selected weapon
Edited by Gamesmeister
  • Like 5

47 minutes ago, Gamesmeister said:

Very much so. The initial effort was to get the contents of the core rulebook out, but now that's done the plan is very much to start adding content from other RuneQuest publications

Are there plans to allow gamemasters to add custom content like new homelands, cults, and spells?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richard S. said:

Are there plans to allow gamemasters to add custom content like new homelands, cults, and spells?

Not at the moment, no. That's not to say it won't happen in the future, but for now the focus will be on bringing all the Chaosium content to the application.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gamesmeister said:

Can you give any examples of where it's available when it shouldn't be, thanks

Creating my 1st PC -- Priestess of Ernalda -- I had that option.

• Thanks 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

Just made a Praxian High Llama Rider (Heavy cavalry)
I've gotten "Dagger Axe" and "Dagger-axe" as separate skills.

Didn't notice the discrepancy 'til "Step 9 - Personal Skill Bonuses," don't know where it crept in.

Edited by g33k
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

12 hours ago, Gamesmeister said:

Not at the moment, no. That's not to say it won't happen in the future, but for now the focus will be on bringing all the Chaosium content to the application.

Is there an import interface format that creators could use for submissions?

Edited by Joerg

Telling how it is excessive verbis

7 hours ago, g33k said:

Should I be giving feedback here, or via the "Feedback" option in the tool itself???

The ideal location is via the Discord server as it's easier for me to keep track of them there. However, I understand not everyone wants to use that, so here is also fine. The feedback option is more for people who don't tend to frequent this forum (which for now will likely be zero)

Man... I wish I had this handy when I was rolling up the characters with my group a week or two ago! Hahaha

Seriously though this seems like a really useful and neat tool. I haven't noticed any bugs yet but I'm a RQ:G newbie when it comes to actual rules. I am very grateful a tool like this exists now, I'm sure when some of the problems are ironed out it will be incredibly useful in the future.
I'm not sure if there is but having a custom 'write in' of some kind like, an 'other' category when selecting Cult would be nice. Both for letting people play lay members and also for people incorporating JC content. I did notice you can put yourself down as a Lay member if you do 'import sheet' option though.
Idk how easy that would be to implement, just my two cents.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Mao said:

Man... I wish I had this handy when I was rolling up the characters with my group a week or two ago! Hahaha

Seriously though this seems like a really useful and neat tool. I haven't noticed any bugs yet but I'm a RQ:G newbie when it comes to actual rules. I am very grateful a tool like this exists now, I'm sure when some of the problems are ironed out it will be incredibly useful in the future.
I'm not sure if there is but having a custom 'write in' of some kind like, an 'other' category when selecting Cult would be nice. Both for letting people play lay members and also for people incorporating JC content. I did notice you can put yourself down as a Lay member if you do 'import sheet' option though.
Idk how easy that would be to implement, just my two cents.

If you enter edit mode on the character sheet, and go to the Magic & Magic Items tab, you'll see a + next to cults - you can use that to add yourself as a lay member to any existing cult.

Edited by Gamesmeister
  • Like 1

I've requested the confirmation email a few times over the last 24 hours. Nothing appears in my inbox or spam folder, though the email address seems to be correct in 'settings'

1 hour ago, Byll said:

I've requested the confirmation email a few times over the last 24 hours. Nothing appears in my inbox or spam folder, though the email address seems to be correct in 'settings'

yeah I had to use an alternate email to get a verification on a different account, it was odd

14 hours ago, Byll said:

I've updated the code that manages this, please give it another try if you've not managed to sign up yet

8 hours ago, Gamesmeister said:

I've updated the code that manages this, please give it another try if you've not managed to sign up yet

I just tried again, nothing looking like the confirmation has been received yet, the website says 
E-Mail confirmation sent: Check your E-Mails (Spam folder included) for a confirmation E-Mail. Refresh this page once you have confirmed your E-Mail.

12 hours ago, Gamesmeister said:

I've just tried again, and this time it worked. 
I'll take a proper look later.

Thanks

On 7/19/2024 at 12:13 AM, Austin said:

When adding bonus points (if your stats are too low), I believe RAW you can only add up to a base of 18. I had a really lousy statline but got CHA 17, and it let me add over 18.

Will be fixed in the next patch

Heavy infantry doesn't list Orlanth as a common cult for the occupation?

It's not listed under the Heavy Infantry cults

I don't see a way to sacrifice POW during character creation for additional spells, though I assume adding them later is pretty trivial.

It's not currently part of the builder process, but you're right in that it's trivial to do once you've completed character generation

Should the cult skill drop-downs include Cult Lore, Meditate, Worship? I've always allowed players to put the bonuses in these but TBH I don't actually recall if they're allowed RAW or not.

RAW they're not eligible for the bonuses.

I'm not sure if the names given are gendered as usual - I think Gara is that old priest in the RuneQuest Starter Set?

image.png.80fab3ba8ed5ac9ae1463ee9990ab965.png

Every sibling, male or female, is currently showing as a sister - this will be fixed in the next patch

I don't see the awakened familiar from character creation in the "Magic & Magic Items" tab. (Family heirloom) Should that have been added automatically?

Familiars are coming soon

Graphically, I overlooked the "Edit Character" button for about 10 minutes because it's red, not blue. 😅 That may just be me, though.

In retrospect the toolbar buttons should be blue rather than white, to keep with the theme, I'll change that shortly. The red on the edit button is just to make it stand out, so I agree...it's you 😁

I'm looking forward to fiddling with this. Gotta put my trickster shaman in to try out how putting in an established character feels. I'm curious how well this will run on tablets/phones etc. too.

Well done!

Thanks for all the great feedback

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1

9 hours ago, Luca Cherstich said:

I tried creating a campaign, then I tried deleting it.

I typed the campaign name and clicked on "delete" but no campaign was deleted

Yes, thanks for the heads up, this is a known bug and will be fixed in the next patch at the weekend

• Like 1

Release 1.2 updates now live:

Additions

• Added "Add Armor" button to the hit locations box while in edit mode to enable easier application of armor
  • Added confirmation box when cancelling changes while in edit mode to prevent accidental loss of those changes
  • Replaced the icon on the cancel button while in edit mode so that it no longer matches the close icon used elsewhere.
  • Add Zorak Zoran to NPC cults when creating an encounter
  • Added Lore to new skills that can be added by a player

Bug fixes

• Fixed issue where profile images were being clipped on initial import screen
  • Fixed issue where some cults still had access to prohibited spirit magic
  • Fixed issue where dice panel popout on the campaign page was missing the close button
  • Added missing Stasis rune to Lhankor Mhy
  • Fixed bug where it was not possible to delete a campaign
  • Fixed issue where verification emails not always sent following sign-up
  • Replaced Javelin as a unit weapon on cavalry units with Javelin (thrown) when in builder
  • Updated Dagger Axe to read Dagger-axe throughout
  • Fixed issue where Spirit Combat on the printable character sheet did not include the category modifier when in edit mode (unlike other skills)

• Like 4