Link dead to Questworlds SRD

at https://www.drivethrurpg.com/en/product/316797/valley-of-plenty?affiliate_id=392988 there's text that claims to be a link to the quest worlds SRD.

But it isn't.

Is it actually available anywhere?

Oh and I also see that Valley of Plenty is listed under the RuneQuest system, even though it isn't. Ouch. Seems like there's no category for QW at all!

Edited by Different Games

20 hours ago, Different Games said:

Oh and I also see that Valley of Plenty is listed under the RuneQuest system, even though it isn't. Ouch. Seems like there's no category for QW at all!

The Jonstown Compendium supports Glorantha works - primarily RuneQuest (current edition) since that is the flagship product, but also QuestWorlds and 13th Age Glorantha. Most sourcebooks could be used equally well in any of the three (scenarios less so).

4 hours ago, Different Games said:

I was aware QW was on Github, but I have to say I'm disappointed we can't get it in some sort of simply usable format. I know there's a cumbersome process to consolidate the .md files, but... ugh.

2 hours ago, SDLeary said:

There was a pdf on GitHub when I downloaded my copy. Take another look!

SDLeary

There are a number of formats in the /docs folder (including pdf), and the /markdown folder has a consolidated .md file containing everything as well.\

Also the pinned post the top of this forum has a link to the pdf on the Chaosium site: https://www.chaosium.com/questworlds-system-reference-document/

• Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 4:42 PM, Different Games said:

I think that's a side-effect of how Jonstown Compendium (and other community content programmes?) is set up - the content creator doesn't get to choose which rule system the content is tagged under, and the system has been set to default to RQ (presumably as it's by far the most popular for this particular programme). You'll see that the new Red Moon and Warring Kingdoms supplement is also tagged as RQ, even though it very clearly is not.

7 hours ago, Brian Duguid said:

I think that's a side-effect of how Jonstown Compendium (and other community content programmes?) is set up - the content creator doesn't get to choose which rule system the content is tagged under, and the system has been set to default to RQ (presumably as it's by far the most popular for this particular programme). You'll see that the new Red Moon and Warring Kingdoms supplement is also tagged as RQ, even though it very clearly is not.

That's odd, since 13th Age is actually a category.

On 8/24/2024 at 1:37 PM, PackardMoose said:

There are a number of formats in the /docs folder (including pdf), and the /markdown folder has a consolidated .md file containing everything as well.\

Also the pinned post the top of this forum has a link to the pdf on the Chaosium site: https://www.chaosium.com/questworlds-system-reference-document/

Thanks for the working link. I followed something else and got a 404. 

And thanks to everyone as well!

21 hours ago, Revilo Divad Of Dyoll said:

That's odd, since 13th Age is actually a category.

Sure. But I'm guessing that DTRPG have set things up so that each Community Content Programme can only be tagged against one ruleset category.

Edited by Brian Duguid

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2024 at 4:54 PM, Different Games said:

Rather than open a new topic, I thought I'd mention here that it sure seems like the GitHub document is being ignored.

Issues raised three weeks ago still haven't even gotten categorized.

I guess one can either take that as a sign that QW on the whole is being ignored, or that the focus is largely on publishing right now rather than updating the SRD. Hopefully it's the latter.

On 9/18/2024 at 4:54 PM, Different Games said:

Rather than open a new topic, I thought I'd mention here that it sure seems like the GitHub document is being ignored.

I'm not following QW closely...  Has there been any announcement of a freeze/snapshot/etc to create a ms.?

On 9/19/2024 at 5:47 PM, PackardMoose said:

... or that the focus is largely on publishing right now rather than updating the SRD ...

Agree:  the git repository is likely being ignored for a while, if the project has advanced to the art/layout stage.

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 9/18/2024 at 6:54 PM, Different Games said:

I went ahead and dusted off my outside contributor hat and sent Chaosium a PR addressing most of your issues, along with a couple of older ones. The remainder struck me as more as style/taste matters rather than errors as such, so I let them be. In either case, thanks for caring enough to raise them.

When I get a chance, I'll rebuild the output artifacts in my repos to reflect the changes, in case Chaosium may not get around to it for a bit. I'll need to get the tooling installed. I've gotten a new computer since the last time I built them myself. lol  

Edited by JonL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/18/2024 at 6:54 PM, Different Games said:

Alright, the docs folder in my fork has files with the various typo fixes incorporated. I couldn't use the chaosium.latex template with my TeX tooling for some reason (details here), so the styling in the PDF is slightly different than in Chaosium's reference version. Still readable though. 

• Helpful 1
  • Thanks 2