Spread the Word!

BMonroe

This is a request for all of you who are playing and enjoying Magic World. We've got a great community of fans here on the forum, but we need to get the word out elsewhere. By all reports, MW is doing quite well out in the wild, but it could always be doing better.

So, for those of you who are so inclined, please consider posting comments and thoughts about MW on different forums as well as this one. RPG.net, penandpapergames.com, or any other forums you frequent.

Thanks! And game on!

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

Guest Vile Traveller

Facebook pages are okay and work for feeding people to your website (is there a website?), but I think G+ promotes more actual user participation.

Facebook pages are okay and work for feeding people to your website (is there a website?), but I think G+ promotes more actual user participation.

Well, that may be true and true for you. Some folks don't dig the G+. That said, both is probably best, with cross pollination / announcements.

Ben should get a Twitter handle of "Magic Man" or "Magic World Editor" and use that.

• 2 weeks later...

Does MW actually have a facebook page? The Wikipedia site for Chaosium doesn't appear to be up dated either. It says nothing about MW.

Well I'm off to write a glowing MW review for my local RPG shop's web page. Which reminds me MW still isn't available on Drive thru or RPG now. Okay I've already got my PDF off the Chaosium site, (I've got the hard copy too), but selling through sites like those would be rather like an advertisement. I mean how many non BRP or Cuthulhu players visit the Chaosium web page? I guess many more visit on line RPG electronic stores.

Anyway I think action is the answer, we don't want Magic world to be the best kept secret in role play for 2013.

This is a really good point.

I understand the very small staff at Chaosium is busy and have a lot of things in the works. However, I really wish they would/could hire someone to handle PR and promotions, etc.

A lot of things could be done that would help (let's use the word awareness) of Chaosium's other products in the RPG industry. (Specifically newcomers.)

BGB = BRP Gold. New book = BRP Platinum.  Stay metal. 

This is a really good point.

I understand the very small staff at Chaosium is busy and have a lot of things in the works. However, I really wish they would/could hire someone to handle PR and promotions, etc.

A lot of things could be done that would help (let's use the word awareness) of Chaosium's other products in the RPG industry. (Specifically newcomers.)

It's always a matter of money, really. That being said, I have a background in advertising and PR, so I've been trying to do what I can to get the word out. It's been a lot of "guerrilla marketing" so far.

I'll look into starting FB and G+ pages, and alert you all here when it's set up.

That being said, the best way to get the discussion hopping, is to actively discuss it on other forums. So, if you're so inclined, it'd be great if you all could go out and spread the word.

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.