Chaosium down?

Nah, that's just a generic style of email address, not a proper one. But I just looked at the site and it seems they know about the problem now...

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Nah, that's just a generic style of email address, not a proper one. But I just looked at the site and it seems they know about the problem now...

That's quite a cool error message they have there... :cool:

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

Um, not quite so cool today. "403 Forbidden Error" ;-(

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

The catalogue works, and I managed to log in ...

Well, it is getting stranger and stranger ...

I used your link, and got a security warning:

Es besteht ein Problem mit dem Sicherheitszertifikat der Website.

- which means that my browser thinks the website is dangerous.

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

Heh, I think it's kind of unique myself. Sure, you can't get to the catalog unless you've got it saved as a bookmark, or you know the url, but I'll be as long as they don't have the site down for to long, their sales will be ok.

Skunk - 285/420 BRP book

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall

Long Beach Dub Allstars & Black Eyed Peas

Well, it is getting stranger and stranger ...

I used your link, and got a security warning:

Es besteht ein Problem mit dem Sicherheitszertifikat der Website.

- which means that my browser thinks the website is dangerous.

Actually that's not too much of a problem - they've probably had to fiddle with the IP address hookup, causing the security certificate to go wibble. It's fine to press "OK" and carry on to the site. They'll probably fix that when they're sure everything's working - it happens a lot when sites explode. It does sound like the underlying issue that started things off might have been quite significant though (although likely nothing to do with Chaosium, unless they run their own webservers...).

BTW - I'm still getting the maintenance page at Construction Banner. Are you guys going in via direct URL to specific pages?

Cheers,

Sarah

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

BTW - I'm still getting the maintenance page at Construction Banner. Are you guys going in via direct URL to specific pages?

Cheers,

Sarah

That's what I got, until I entered the catalog url, which flashed the warning, but I hit ok and was fine after that.

Skunk - 285/420 BRP book

You wanna be alright you gotta walk tall

Long Beach Dub Allstars & Black Eyed Peas

Here's the mailing from Chaosium regarding the website:

Chaosium.com Catalog back online

Here's a quick update to let you know our catalog is back online.

https://catalog.chaosium.com/

Our website was hacked on April 20th by an email spammer, forcing us to shut down the site to exorcise the spam demons sent against us. Now is a good time to remind all of you that your credit card information was never in danger. Third party verification sites Paypal and Authorize.net handle all of the credit card transactions for our website, and our security certificate offers 256-bit encryption. Hence, your credit card information was never at risk during the attack on us.

Because our server was attacked by spammers, some of our outgoing emails are being blocked by various ISP's. If you've been expecting an email from us our replies to you might be bouncing. With a little patience, this too shall pass. Meanwhile, if you have been trying to reach us about an order please contact fergie@chaosium.com.

We should have our news & propaganda site working again in the next day or so.