Site name poll

Trifletraxor

Site name poll  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What nickname would you prefer for basicroleplaying.org?

• BRP Central
    • Chaos Central
    • Worlds of Wonder
    • Something else (make a suggestion in a post below)

I'm old fashioned and would like to see it stay as is however Trifletraxor is correct. This isn't a BRP only site and while I'd rather see people drawn to THAT system and share my love of it, Worlds of Wonder is all encompassing and an attractive title. My only concern is people finding it in Google search. It's been brought up in another thread that several companies have the Worlds of Wonder title on sites...

Type in BRPcentral and it stands at top of list.

So while I chose to have it remain as is, I don't really mind Worlds of Wonder.

A lot of material here is not represented by Chaos either...

• Like 2

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects

I'll be old-fashioned and suggest Chaosium Forums so we can discuss the upcoming Chaosium boardgames without triggering flamewars about whether they're off-topic. :-)

But I'd love for the BRP section of the forum to be BRP Central.

Edited by trystero

— 
Self-discipline isnt everything; look at Pol Pot.”
—Helen Fielding, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason

I like the title BRP Central, but it just doesn't make sense anymore now that we have Gloranthan setting discussions (no game mechanics), and also HeroQuest discussions.

So I'd greatly prefer Worlds Of Wonder or Chaos Central.

I actually prefer Chaos Central slightly over Worlds Of Wonder, just because it sounds similar to BRP Central. Yet I mistakenly voted Worlds of Wonder instead.

Not that it makes too much difference, as it appears I'm very much in the minority at present in any case.

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

12 hours ago, Trifletraxor said:

...unless the poll should change drastically during the coming days.

...if someone goes on a Hero Quest...

More random ideas - how about: Hero Central

Not because of HeroQuest, but because of a theme common to all systems, the heroes in our games, and origins based on the influence of Joseph Campbell. It covers both old and new systems, vendors and worlds, and nods at BRP Central and Chaosium (maybe a bias to HeroQuest). For the general public, potential new users (and those not familiar with the background), it perhaps has a more positive (although maybe self-indulgent) feel to it compered to Chaos Central. However, the name seems to be commonly used elsewhere, and the HERO System has some overlap.

How about "BRP Central: Worlds of Wonder", or some such. 

This would widen things out so that Glorantha, The Southern Reaches, The Dreamlands, Questworld, and other worlds both used and yet to come can be discussed without drastically changing the nature of the site.

SDLeary

• Like 1