Aldryami Zombies

Jon Hunter

I also think it would work, but there are a number of factors that I think would make it uncommon...

1. It's a shameful waste of food. Sure, any zombie could be viewed in that light, but elves are especially delicious. For the same reason, I suspect Dwarf ZZ zombies would be nearly unheard of.
2. The elfin frame is slender and agile - pretty much exactly the opposite of what makes a good zombie.
3. I suspect that an elf Zombie would dry out an get brittle relatively quickly.

On the other hand, thinking about #3, they might well be delightfully flammable. A bonus that could be very attractive to any particularly pyromaniaically-inclined Death Lord. 

• Like 2

I just realized this is how you get a Gloranthan Swamp Thing or maybe in this context a Mulch Monster (if you ever wanted one in the first place). Still shambolic, more tendril than bough as the bugs swarming its innards chew through the hard parts. If anything the insect vector might be more of a specialized Gorakiki Shaman Curse than normal ZZ agenda. It works better dramatically if they are big (full trees) or plural (nasty little rot runners).

For ritual purposes an even rarer version might behave like the D&D "sussurus," a mindless and vaguely vegetative creature whose endless drone soothes all more conventional undead nearby. It must make the ZZ even angrier, so people occasionally decide to make one to get under their skin.

singer sing me a given

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Darius West said:

Zombie elves?  Sounds like a perfect waste of a delicious elf corpse unless you want them to follow you around for travel snacks.

For trolls, yes, so I don't see ZZ cultists creating them.  But Delecti?  Of course!  Or Ralzakark in Dorastor?  Seems quite reasonable to turn twisted Hellwood Elves into such.

1 hour ago, jajagappa said:

For trolls, yes, so I don't see ZZ cultists creating them. 

There are human and Morokanth ZZ cultists without such appetites.

1 hour ago, jajagappa said:

But Delecti?  Of course!  Or Ralzakark in Dorastor?  Seems quite reasonable to turn twisted Hellwood Elves into such.

Delecti: sure. But I don't see Ralzakark as a necromancer.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis