God Forgot - Horali

10baseT

Given the situation in 1625 in the Mirrorsea/Heortland area, do you think God Forget would have any designs to take advantage of the turmoil in the area and seize more land? Like maybe colonize the Vulari Peninsula for farming or take some Right Arm islands? I think many troops in Heortland are fighting the scorpionmen horde's incursion and with the City of Wonders sunk, there's probably less authority in the bay.

And would the Horali from God Forgot, cataphracts or infantry, would they know spirit magic? Or is it more of, their zzabur would put enchantments on their weapons and armor?

50 minutes ago, 10baseT said:

Given the situation in 1625 in the Mirrorsea/Heortland area, do you think God Forget would have any designs to take advantage of the turmoil in the area and seize more land? Like maybe colonize the Vulari Peninsula for farming or take some Right Arm islands? I think many troops in Heortland are fighting the scorpionmen horde's incursion and with the City of Wonders sunk, there's probably less authority in the bay.

They could but they are very cautious as they want to live forever.  They will only commit troops when victory is certain and are far more likely cut deals in which other people (Esvulari etc) do the heroic fighting for them while they do the boring work of logistics and guard duty.

50 minutes ago, 10baseT said:

And would the Horali from God Forgot, cataphracts or infantry, would they know spirit magic? Or is it more of, their zzabur would put enchantments on their weapons and armor?

Both I would say.  They won't call it spirit magic but know it as an inferior form of magic to sorcery pretty much as Applied Math is an inferior form of Pure Math.  They won't know or cast any spells that attack people (such as disruption) as that is Wizard's work and leaves them vulnerable to caste crime and aging.

I do feel they should also have access to Rune Magic (Greg's Arkat novel has the Horali doing innate magical stuff) only they don't worship the Gods to do so but perform lengthy purification exercises (based on their past history they were big on the Purification Rune is  a precursor of the Moon Rune) and cast it based on their runic affinities.  Again their rune spells would be mostly basic and they wouldn't know anything to attack anybody.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 10baseT said:

do you think God Forget would have any designs to take advantage of the turmoil in the area and seize more land?

One question is whether doing so will trigger the traps and magics laid down in the Second Age when the Clanking City and Zistor were destroyed.  I'd be inclined to say yes and that this has been an ongoing check on their desires for expansion.  Of course, this is the Hero Wars, so old powers are invoked again, etc.

• Like 2