Will the main books be updated with the new design?

stadi

Depending how their InDesign master files are set, it might be easy or not that easy to put the new style into use.

But even if it was something possible - why? : ) I find the Investigator Handbook and Keeper Rulebook designs superior to the new one, because they are unique. It would have been awesome if each supplement had its own special style, but this has extra costs. Also we should not forget the fact that those books are offered as hardcovers, which has another set of complications :)

We don't have any plans to update the Keeper Rulebook and Investigator Handbook to match the new template, at least not any time soon.

We are focusing on new product as much as possible. We have chosen to update some 7th edition products to the new standard layout if they had a much more dated layout.

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

If Chaosium plan update on PDFs, the most beneficial one will be to allow background layer to be hidden for toner-saving printing. Currently it is single layer for everything (at least for the PDFs I own), which is not very useful.

I often print adventures as PDFs are far from the convenience of printed material.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2018 at 11:57 PM, Rick Meints said:

The 7th edition quickstart and Alone Against the Flames both had their layout updated.

We plan to do likewise with Cthulhu Through the Ages and one or two other smaller 7th ed. B&W products.

Does that include Dead Light, Rick?

• Thanks 1