How do you deal with combat traits

inwils

I'm interested how you all GM combat Traits - do you say that these automatically work or put in some sort of opposed or difficulty grades - I was thinking of implementing some sort of Taunt for our noble warrior, like a challenge of a battle cry which distracts the enemy from what they are doing and focuses their attack on him. #verynoble :) - thoughts?

inwils | 🎮 Gamer | 🎲 RPGer | 📹 YouTuber | 💻 Blogger | inwils 🎧 Podcaster

I'd play that they always work.

If I am using a Net, I wouldn't want to have to critical every time I wanted to entangle someone.

However, at the moment I am using a variation of Revolution D100, which doesn't have Combat Traits, although I am thinking of introducing them.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

Combat Traits are designed to be an integral part of the Combat Style. Thus, as long as certain conditions are met, the Trait works. For your Taunt Trait, you might want to adapt the Intimidating Scream Trait; being outnumbered in Mythras combat isn't a good thing, and if you have a mechanism that actively ensures a character will be out numbered, then I doubt they'll last very long...!

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

6 hours ago, soltakss said:

However, at the moment I am using a variation of Revolution D100, which doesn't have Combat Traits, although I am thinking of introducing them.

Actually, they are already there. A Mythras Combat Trait is exactly the same as one of the Rd100 Stunts that come included with the basic Trait - it is something peculiar that your character knows how to do, and happens whenever the special conditions are met. For instance, with Karate you get the Kicking Stunt for free, which lets you kick a standing opponent without penalties. Little or no difference with Mythras, from a purely mechanical POV.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

3 minutes ago, RosenMcStern said:

Actually, they are already there.

Thanks, I thought they were but couldn't find them. We are using Stunts at the moment, so it will be easy enough to introduce them.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here.