Glorantha mods for PC games

Shiningbrow

Yo! 

I'm just wondering if anyone is aware of mods (or modders interested in doing) for Glorantha for RPG games, e.g. Mount and Blade, or others... 

I'd seriously love to have the money for a full Elder Scrolls mod...

(Before ppl say - yes, I know KoDP, and the upcoming release. And I know one of the developers for ES was an RQ fan... Neither help the question)

• Like 3

IIRC there's an Age of Wonders mod for White Bear and Red Moon. Someone who lurks the forums mentioned they made it when it came up one time (yes I know, super duper precise) but I can't recall who or where. Or if it was Age of Wonders for sure; it was definitely one of the older strategy games.

I agree, I'd love to play Skyrim in Prax (less so Sartar, because it'd just look like Skyrim does already in many ways). I'd... be willing to help a modding group with that, but I don't think I have any applicable skills. (Or with Morrowind, Oblivion, etc. mods.)

• Like 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

Sorry, no help from me - but I was just thinking that with the new Imperator Rome grand strategy game from Paradox, a Gloranthan mod would fit nicely. The engine doesn't have the ability to simulate all of the magic and monsters, but the overall feel is similar. (Or for a more reliable and tested engine, one might go with Europa Universalis instead).

Edited by Sir_Godspeed
  • Like 1

Someone was working on a Glorantha mod for Dwarf Fortress at one point,  and was planning to include playable uz and Mostali. Unfortunately, they only thing they seem to have coded in before promptly abandoning the project are... scorpion men, of all things? Shame, really. If I didn't have enough on my plate as is I'd make one myself.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 3:24 AM, Sir_Godspeed said:

Sorry, no help from me - but I was just thinking that with the new Imperator Rome grand strategy game from Paradox, a Gloranthan mod would fit nicely. The engine doesn't have the ability to simulate all of the magic and monsters, but the overall feel is similar. (Or for a more reliable and tested engine, one might go with Europa Universalis instead).

Actually traits, modifiers, and events could be utilized to replicate magic fairly easily. The core system of populations, religion, trade, warfare, and characters would make an excellent base. Magic would basically modify stats in most cases and when it was used for specific purposes events could trigger off of it as well as more regular events having more options if you have powerful casters around. 

• 2 months later...

Sorry about the necroposting (but I am using the Lightbringers Quest, not the Undeath Rune!), but I stumbled upon this topic and I happen to know the AoW mod mentioned, so I thought I should post a link:

http://aow2.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=781

I've played a few dozen turns, and it seems to work relatively fine. There was some obvious effort put into that, if you have the base game I recommend giving it a try, even if it's only two maps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ufnal said:

I've played a few dozen turns, and it seems to work relatively fine. There was some obvious effort put into that, if you have the base game I recommend giving it a try, even if it's only two maps.

it works fine with random maps, too. You will not be able to appreciate how some of the races (aldryami, mostali, broos) work if you play only the Dragon Pass map. Not all races will "grow" in the same way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM