Favorite weird factoid or detail from Glorantha

Qizilbashwoman

3 hours ago, Tindalos said:

People strong in the Fire/Sky Rune have a natural affinity for sailing, unlike those with the Water Rune.

Hide contents

Because Shiphandling is a Knowledge skill, it receives a bonus for having a high Intelligence score, which is associated with the Fire/Sky Rune.

Haha, and no help from the Air rune either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In the Lunar Empire, the official designation is "priestess" regardless of the person's gender.
As the military represents Moonson and the masculine aspect of the Empire, the priesthood represents the feminine side and the Goddess. Therefore, all military officers whether male or female are addressed as "Sir" and all priests are addressed as "Madam".
c.f my scenario , which has the NPC The Lady Dushan (zealous, fanatical, deranged) - a great strapping bloke with a bushy black beard. Dushan is looking for the perfect Lunar recruit that could be a "standard all others could aspire to".

(inspiration here from Nick Brooke)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MOB said:
In the Lunar Empire, the official designation is "priestess" regardless of the person's gender.
As the military represents Moonson and the masculine aspect of the Empire, the priesthood represents the feminine side and the Goddess. Therefore, all military officers whether male or female are addressed as "Sir" and all priests are addressed as "Madam".
c.f my scenario , which has the NPC The Lady Dushan (zealous, fanatical, deranged) - a great strapping bloke with a bushy black beard. Dushan is looking for the perfect Lunar recruit that could be a "standard all others could aspire to".

(inspiration here from Nick Brooke)

One of my favourite scenarios.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2019 at 4:55 AM, Tindalos said:

People strong in the Fire/Sky Rune have a natural affinity for sailing, unlike those with the Water Rune.

I really like this one. I hear it all the time from everyone from my father-in-law to random kayakers: "The Navy invented boats so we wouldn't have to touch that awful stuff. If you want to get wet learn to swim."

• Like 3

singer sing me a given

5 hours ago, scott-martin said:

I really like this one. I hear it all the time from everyone from my father-in-law to random kayakers: "The Navy invented boats so we wouldn't have to touch that awful stuff. If you want to get wet learn to swim."

Tradition has it that the among the colonial voyageurs, French-Canadian fur trappers and traders, their skill with a canoe was such a point of pride that they purposely didn't learn to swim.  They didn't need to!  Well, the ones who lived to tell the tale, at least.

!i!

Edited by Ian Absentia
  • Thanks 1

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

8 hours ago, Brootse said:

One of my favourite scenarios.

One of my fave titles for a scenario, the one I liked better was Mad Prax: Beyond the Sundome! 

Allright, a little more gender- bending gloranthan style,

The Daughters of Pavis is a ceremonial role of the Pavis temple usually filled by old fat rich men.

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!