The Ralzakark Sweater

Qizilbashwoman

6 minutes ago, g33k said:

o ghods, what have I done?!

i keep having a dream where the Moomins are a pantheon in Glorantha, so it could be weirder!

my brain fixates on things and i've been watching the new 2019 Moomin show on Amazon so I think it mixed them together when I sleep.

• Mymbla is Oria (her name is slang for "she sleeps with many people" but not pejoratively) and the Groke is the Atarks (the Goakstart), her other, Azerlo/Annara/Ty Kora Tek
  • Little µ is the problematic Earth Goddess of the region because she's got a Discordance rune (i.e. like Eurmal)
  • The Ancestor who lives in the stove is obviously Grandfather Mortal
  • Hemulen is the god of learning like Lhankor Mhy (more like Buserian, honestly) and the Hemulens are his followers
  • and so forth

I wake up sometimes in the morning like "what the heck"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Snufkin is some kind of shaman or mystic or something. Living outside or at the edges of society, and providing sage advice and clever tricks whenever needed.

yep, like Kolat or w/e.

my brain thinks he's a goose deity because he flies south for the winter every year.

brains are... interesting.

Edited by Qizilbashwoman
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

i keep having a dream where the Moomins are a pantheon in Glorantha, so it could be weirder!

my brain fixates on things and i've been watching the new 2019 Moomin show on Amazon so I think it mixed them together when I sleep.

• Mymbla is Oria (her name is slang for "she sleeps with many people" but not pejoratively) and the Groke is the Atarks (the Goakstart), her other, Azerlo/Annara/Ty Kora Tek
  • Little µ is the problematic Earth Goddess of the region because she's got a Discordance rune (i.e. like Eurmal)
  • The Ancestor who lives in the stove is obviously Grandfather Mortal
  • Hemulen is the god of learning like Lhankor Mhy (more like Buserian, honestly) and the Hemulens are his followers
  • and so forth

I wake up sometimes in the morning like "what the heck"

Since the Moomin hibernate they are clearly elves and not trolls.

12 minutes ago, Brootse said:

Since the Moomin hibernate they are clearly elves and not trolls.

I think they are Pameltelan trolls. They are definitely not foliage and they are literally called trolls. But they quite clearly lost the Cold of their Darkness Rune. They live in a house designed as a stove (it's a Scandanavian design) and their ancestor spirit literally lives in the stove running through the middle of it.

They must have gone to Genertela to some remote island, though, because the environment is not Pameltelan. That explains the sleeping and the cold. And why they can sail.

image.png.ef9a72df2427f5b5b25d47140c8133c0.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

brains are insane

That's technically correct... the best kind of correct. :P

Speaking of this kind of genre interaction: I've recently been catching up on Dragon Ball Z Abridged (the comedic parody redub) and there's a lot in there that reminded me of Glorantha. The flying nimbus (cloud as a flying mount) made me immediately think of a reward for an Orlanthi heroquest, for example.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

I think they are Pameltelan trolls. They are definitely not foliage and they are literally called trolls.

They are Scandinavian in origin (Swedish-Finnish), so the full set of Scandinavian troll weirdness applies, from lesser giants of the Edda to gnarly gnome-like creatures. "Trolla" means something like "to work magic", something which amused me when I read Drakar och Demoner's Swedish term for wizard or Magic-User for the first time - "trollkarl".

So, basically, Scandinavian trolls are beings of magic.

With Pamaltelan trolls, do you mean the Muri jungle trolls, or the standard uz of the Tarmo mountains and their mutant kin?

But they quite clearly lost the Cold of their Darkness Rune. They live in a house designed as a stove (it's a Scandanavian design) and their ancestor spirit literally lives in the stove running through the middle of it.

Do they have any connection to the Darkness Rune at all?

From what I see, their body shape is the one thing that resembles Gloranthan trolls, although their tails are something that no descendant of Kyger Litor should have.

To me, they appear to be kin of the Tomte, the household spirit. They may be entities from the spirit world stranded in a more mundane world.

They must have gone to Genertela to some remote island, though, because the environment is not Pameltelan. That explains the sleeping and the cold. And why they can sail.

They don't appear to be creatures of Logic, otherwise I would have plaved them near Brithos. I guess the best place for them to hide out is somewhere in Kanthor's Isles, among the Beast Folk.

They may have had their previous existence inside "Impossible Landscapes", that Arkati tome of the Hero Planes that came with illustrations and weird little kobolds inviting questers. See Middle Sea Empire...

Telling how it is excessive verbis

3 hours ago, Joerg said:

Muri jungle trolls

Muri. They're actal trolls, but they lost the Cold part of their rune and apparently have no enlo.

they REALLY like eating. they are alwaysssss eating. and they're really tall, like the child troll is significantly taller than the at least 20yo and probably more like 30yo human. they do have more than a passing resemblance to uz, my brain isn't entirely making it up.

3 hours ago, Joerg said:

Do they have any connection to the Darkness Rune at all?

well they really really like night-time. they are awake all night. true, some of them are active during the day outside of the house, but they seem to do most of their work at night. that's when papa writes and mama cooks.

But I can't speak for the logic to it, because it's my brain dreaming.

image.png.1af9533873fb2dcc50eb7cf15d97a17a.png

Edited by Qizilbashwoman

On 10/6/2019 at 9:27 PM, Qizilbashwoman said:
On 10/6/2019 at 9:25 PM, g33k said:

... Tingleverse / Glorantha crossover FTWTF ??!?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1689960671 Someone hack this IMMEDIATELY

I'm sorry, what? Why did I not know this existed?! It's almost as beautifully surreal as the Wendy's RPG.

Also I'm like 99% sure I need that sweater now.

14 hours ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Speaking of this kind of genre interaction: I've recently been catching up on Dragon Ball Z Abridged (the comedic parody redub) and there's a lot in there that reminded me of Glorantha. The flying nimbus (cloud as a flying mount) made me immediately think of a reward for an Orlanthi heroquest, for example.

Love TFS. Stealing this.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

6 hours ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

and entirely pure and wholesome, unlike the exploitative mess of the creation of the Wendy's RPG

But...but, they're so ironically self-aware and playfully non-hip!  How can I not approve of corporate advertising conducted through non-traditional channels of communication?

!i!

Edited by Ian Absentia
  • Haha 1

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

1 hour ago, Ian Absentia said:

But...but, they're so ironically self-aware and playfully non-hip!  How can I not approve of corporate advertising conducted through non-traditional channels of communication?

!i!

lmao in case people aren't aware of what he's talking about, it's that they are running a game jam that bans creators from benefitting monetarily OR from credit. that's right, folks, you can't put your name on the game you designed, a fact that is also true of the Wendy's™ game: it's uncredited entirely except for like two pieces of individual art. No designers here, just Wendy's™!

1 hour ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

lmao in case people aren't aware of what he's talking about, it's that they are running a game jam that bans creators from benefitting monetarily OR from credit. that's right, folks, you can't put your name on the game you designed, a fact that is also true of the Wendy's™ game: it's uncredited entirely except for like two pieces of individual art. No designers here, just Wendy's™!

I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed nonetheless. As much as I dislike corporate "hello fellow kids" I thought the designs were amusing, and in my head I went "at least some game designers and artists got a decent paycheck out of this" - which is still true, but less valuable if you can't at least use it in your portfolio or something (I'd imagine, as a non-creative professional).