M-SPACE: Campaign Giveaway

clarence

If it wasn’t for my birthday at the end of the month, November would probably grab the top spot as the worst time of the year.

To brighten up this dreary month, I’m having a book giveaway featuring Elevation, the M-SPACE campaign I released this summer, written by Michael Larrimore. Check out reviews here:

EN World and Runeblogger.

The giveaway starts today and runs until Friday. Three winners will be announced on Saturday. 

First Prize: Softcover of Elevation. 172 pages, black and white print. Shipped anywhere in the world.

Second and Third Prizes: PDF of Elevation172 pages.

Clarence Redd

1775759412_ElevationFrontCover500px.jpg.9eeba39edaa7f3cd11d099afe60ea76d.jpg

• Like 2

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

M–SPACE   d100 Roleplaying in the Far Future

Odd Soot  Science Fiction Mystery in the 1920s

I already have the PDF of Elevation, but wouldn't mind a hard copy if I manage to win the 1st prize.

I'll use this opportunity to ask how the M-Space Companion is shaping up? I, for one, am eagerly waiting that book. I really would like some examples of future weapons and armor, plus some sci-fi drugs (medical and combat ones, not recreational ones), like the ubiquitous medhypo. Sure, I can make something up (and have done so), but it would be nice to have pre-designed ones as well. I know those vary a lot according to the setting, but a few common examples from which to extrapolate wouldn't go amiss.

Oh, and I agree, November really is the dreariest month of the year (at least where I live).

• Like 2

The Companion is coming along nicely. Most of the chapters are written, with only two remaining to hammer out some final details. I’m very happy with how cybernetics and robots have turned out. They use a modular system similar to starships and allow a lot of flexibility without being complicated. I’ve also found Scott Crowder’s contributions very useful. 

Planning for artwork is underway and there will be some really cool illustrations. And I probably can’t stop myself from making a few as well. 

And thanks for joining the giveaway! 

I would have preferred to skip from October directly to December. Why can’t they just remove November?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1683589267_frostbyteloggaFsvarttiny2.jpg.22ebd7480630737e74be9c2c9ed8039f.jpg   FrostByte Books

Just a quick reminder that we’re halfway through the Elevation giveaway! You can still join here:

https://gleam.io/V2h3N/elevation-mspace-campaign

To give you a feeling for the setting, you can download the introductory scenario for free on DriveThruRPG.

The Triton Incident, a 36 page scenario, is a freestanding murder mystery that introduces the players to Elevation.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/280146/The-Triton-Incident

Winners are announced on Saturday. Good luck!

I'm curious about M-Space and would like to read the colour book, but the shipping out of Sweden (around 30€ and I'm based in EC) is really expensive while ordering directly from FrostByte. 

Is there any shop or online shop, Clarence, where I could  order the M-Space?

Tack!

Fred

Edited by tauther
  • Like 1

Hi Fred,

Yes, shipping for the colour print is expensive, unfortunately. I have brought it up with the printer several times, but they are not very interested. They thrive on the Swedish market and ignore everything else. 

Now, the black and white version is quite nice though. I have optimised the artwork as much as possible and it looks surprisingly good. And Lulu’s print quality has improved much over the years. 

In time, I will move the M-SPACE colour POD to DriveThruRPG. I cannot say when, but hopefully sometime during 2020. 

I have all Frostbyte publications as printed works. And I can only say: Awesome!
M-SPACE is a substantial, great addition to the MYTHRAS rules universe. ODD SOOT is simply a masterpiece, and ELEVATION is probably the most entertaining MYTHRAS supplement written.
Even the small introductory scenario TRITON INCIDENT is recommendable: an oneshot like a sci-fi action thriller. REFLUX is great, too.
If you don't have the Frostbyte books yet, you've really missed something.

Edited by prinz.slasar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, prinz.slasar said:

+1 !

I'm not entering this giveaway... but ONLY because I won a copy of Odd Soot last giveaway, so if the luck of the draw got me another win I don't want any appearance of clarence rigging things!

😁

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

15 hours ago, prinz.slasar said:

I have all Frostbyte publications as printed works. And I can only say: Awesome!
M-SPACE is a substantial, great addition to the MYTHRAS rules universe. ODD SOOT is simply a masterpiece, and ELEVATION is probably the most entertaining MYTHRAS supplement written.
Even the small introductory scenario TRITON INCIDENT is recommendable: an oneshot like a sci-fi action thriller. REFLUX is great, too.

Thank you for your kind words @prinz.slasar!

• Like 1

Today is your last chance to join the Elevation giveaway! It's closing down at midnight between Friday and Saturday. 

If you forgot to join or stuff got in the way, make sure you sign up now:

https://gleam.io/V2h3N/elevation-mspace-campaign

Three winners will be announced tomorrow. 

• Like 1

We have three winners in the giveaway!

First Prize: Vile, Hong Kong, wins a print copy of Elevation.

Second Prize: Alistair Clamp, UK, wins a PDF copy of Elevation.

Third Prize: Katelyn Greenlee, US, wins a PDF copy of Elevation.

Congratulations, all three. I will send the book and download links as quickly as possible.

Download Free Conversion Sheet

For everyone else, as a gesture of my gratitude, here's a little gift for you. I'm offering the Traveller to M-SPACE conversion sheet as a free download. It contains a nifty way to convert Traveller scenarios on the fly. Which means, the GM can take almost any adventure for Traveller or Cepheus Engine and run it with M-SPACE. No extra preparations needed.

Download the cheat sheet here:

Thank you all for joining. Don’t let winter get you down.

Clarence Redd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
Guest Vile Traveller

Yay me! I have just skimmed through it so far (hey, I've only had it a couple of hours), but I have to say I'm surprised! Firstly, at the size , it clocks in at a square 167 pages. Secondly, at the scope of it - it's not an adventure, or even a campaign outline, it's a template for a whole style of gaming ("to go where no man has gone before!"). Thirdly, about how much I now want to run a shoe-string exploration campaign laced with corporate cut-throatery and balancing on a diplomatic knife edge.

Guest Vile Traveller
18 hours ago, clarence said:

I’m happy you like it! Sorry that the shipping took so long. 

It looks like it'll be a lot of fun. No worries about the shipping, I know PoD is unpredictable. 😂

On 1/4/2020 at 3:02 AM, Vile said:

... it clocks in at a square 167 pages. .. 

My inner snarky a**hole seems to have had an Unholy Lovechild with the anal retentive geek in me.  This nasty offspring points out that it's one-sixy-NINE that's square.

Somebody is off by 2.

C'es ne pas un .sig

4 hours ago, g33k said:

My inner snarky a**hole seems to have had an Unholy Lovechild with the anal retentive geek in me.  This nasty offspring points out that it's one-sixy-NINE that's square.

Somebody is off by 2

Maybe it is one 69 without two?

(ducks)

Telling how it is excessive verbis

• 4 weeks later...