Cubicle 7 announces plans to support BRP

cjbowser

I'm hoping it's Tales of New Crobuzon, the game based on China Mieville's Bas-Lag novels (Perdido Street Station, The Scar, Iron Council).

Adamant Entertainment has the rights to the game. Adamant is Gareth Michael-Skarka. Gareth now works for Cubicle 7, and Adamant has so partnered with them.

Mieville has said himself in the past that his game of choice was Call of Cthulhu, so it would be a natural fit.

I'm hoping it's Tales of New Crobuzon, the game based on China Mieville's Bas-Lag novels (Perdido Street Station, The Scar, Iron Council).

Adamant Entertainment has the rights to the game. Adamant is Gareth Michael-Skarka. Gareth now works for Cubicle 7, and Adamant has so partnered with them.

Mieville has said himself in the past that his game of choice was Call of Cthulhu, so it would be a natural fit.

That would be so cool, albeit I'd got the impression that GMS was heading down the bespoke system route...

Also, the C7 announcement simply says "unannounced licensed game - it's a perfect fit." So it might not be a book: it could be a comic, TV or film...

Ah well: I'm sure we'll find out soon enough...

Nick

That would be so cool, albeit I'd got the impression that GMS was heading down the bespoke system route...

True... though I wonder if anything's actively being done with it, given how busy GMS seems to be these days.

Also, the C7 announcement simply says "unannounced licensed game - it's a perfect fit." So it might not be a book: it could be a comic, TV or film...

Right before that in the announcement:

Cubicle 7 have also signed a license for the BASIC ROLEPLAYING system which is being used to developed a brand new game based upon the works of a popular award-winning author which we will announcing later in the year.

... which points to a literary source.

Oh well.. I'm just sort of fascinated to see so much recent activity around Call of Cthulhu and BRP, even if it is through partnerships.

As I stated many months ago, the future of BRP is in licensees. And when I wrote this I was not even planning to sign a license agreeement myself :lol:

By the way, we have a new product coming besides BRP Mecha. It has just entered Playtest phase and you people will all be very happy to know which is the subject and who is the author, who is neither me nor Pete Nash. More news when the Malaysian Beetle comes back home.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

ToNC is supposed to have its own custom system though isnt it? Though I heard that China was a fan of CoC as well as D&D.