Dead Tree Options for Mythras and Mythic Britain

HierophantX

I read some unhappiness on DTRPG with the print on demand versions of the Mythras core rule book. Are there other options? I’m thinking of getting physical copies,  but if I am going to spend the money on an object vs a pdf...

Also what about print runs for the German editions? Are they using the same printer the DTRPG customers complained about? Is there a difference between the print quality from the US, UK or Europe printers? I have an APO so my options are a bit flexible without crazy shipping cost differences.

I haven't heard any complaints about the DTRPG Mythras core rulebook quality. I have several copies, and they're very good. While printing errors can happen (even with offset copies: we had to junk the entire first print run of Logres because the bindings were faulty), DTRPG are usually very quick to replace.

But, if you don't want to use DTRPG, you can find Mythras on Amazon (various sellers), Barnes & Noble (https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Mythras?_requestid=15743276), and Lulu (https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/lawrence-whitaker-and-pete-nash/mythras/paperback/product-18r84kp8.html)

Note that if you buy from a third party, you won't get the free PDF, which you will if you buy through DTRPG or Lulu.

There are also German editions available too. I can't answer the questions on the printing, but I'm sure @AndreJarosch can help.

• Like 1

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

Sorry 😐 I revisited the reviews and I must’ve blended that initial small font comment with some other reviews of something else.

I already have the English PDFs for Mythras, Mythic Britain, MB Companion and Logres. Just getting tired of PDFs I guess. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2020 at 8:03 PM, HierophantX said:

Sorry 😐 I revisited the reviews and I must’ve blended that initial small font comment with some other reviews of something else.

I already have the English PDFs for Mythras, Mythic Britain, MB Companion and Logres. Just getting tired of PDFs I guess. 

I printed the PDFs and got them bound

1 hour ago, Sid Vicarious said:

DTRPG depicts Mythic Britain as having the Mythras logo on the cover, but my  recent pdf download was still RQ6. Are the POD versions RQ6 or Mythras proper? What about hard copies from  Aeon?

Aeon's copies are Mythras branded and referenced throughout. There is no POD version of Mythic Britain currently, but all RQ branded version are to be ceased this month. 

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

3 hours ago, nclarke said:

It's now labelled Mythras. with some smallish changes 

The RQ6 corebook file in my DTRPG library is still RQ6. The file was last updated in 2013. The Mythras core book file was last updated in 2018. I understand the old RQ6 titles files can (and ultimately have to be) converted to Mythras versions, but the core book is a different matter I'm sure. And I for one would prefer to keep that version as it is, even if all my other RQ6 titles get Mythras-ised.

Overnight my DTRPG library was updated. I now have two versions of Mythic Britain. One the orignal RQ6, and a new Mythras version. That Mythras file is named 2020-07-25. I searched the Mythras version for "runequest", and the only place the word appears is on the back cover. So, new, fully Mythras-ised, and free. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...