Glorantha Has Talent?

Bill the barbarian

6 minutes ago, FungusColombicus said:

Too bad it has to be recorded... My brothers in arms and I have some serious poetry about our common enemy in our campaing ready to go... but we have a voice that is only acceptable to read earthspeak or to sing Mongolian throat singing trash metal...

We all have voices that we think suck when we listen to them, so believe me, you're not going to to be worse than anybody else :) (and a voice appropriate for Mongolian throat singing sounds actually awesome to me)

Most importantly, at this point, we have enough prizes that you can send in almost anything and you're quite guaranteed to win something!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

1 hour ago, FungusColombicus said:

Too bad it has to be recorded... My brothers in arms and I have some serious poetry about our common enemy in our campaing ready to go... but we have a voice that is only acceptable to read earthspeak or to sing Mongolian throat singing trash metal...

No worries, have you a friend that could not write his way out of a wet paper bag and a golden voice?

53 minutes ago, lordabdul said:

Most importantly, at this point, we have enough prizes that you can send in almost anything and you're quite guaranteed to win something!

Take care good lordabdul, if you say that too loud we will have people rushing to enter and we will not be able to make that guarantee anymore. :)

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

...and have we told ya about the millions of dollars in prizes*?

* Warning reading this caveat might cause eyestrain, irritation, annoyance. quoting of all too familiar Monty Python sketches, headaches, psoriasis, dandruff, communism... really... You're just making this up aren't you? I can have you up on charges, mate, in fact I have a good mind to do just that.... Pssst, If ya believe we are giving away millions, might I interest you in a really bad internet scam? Hmmwhadayasay?
  • Haha 1

On 9/11/2020 at 1:23 PM, FungusColombicus said:

Well, you don't have to sing! You can do some rhythmic chanting! 

• Thanks 1

Inactive account.

image.png.030a1efd4185eea16b19ef2d07ef3654.png

Written by 5 great authors:
CHRISTOPHER KLUG, STEVE PERRIN, JEFF RICHARD, GREG STAFFORD, AND JASON DURALL
And if that is not enough... 
WITH: Jerry Thorpe

So why are you waiting, with the chance to win great prizes like these you just have to get your entry in NOW!

26 minutes ago, Rodney Dangerduck said:

More seriously, they (I have nothing to do with the contest) are putting in a lot of time and effort, please enter.

Ah, with a comment like that you can consider yourself a winner in an entirely different contest. The one of modelling good sportsmanship (remember I  am not a judge so my opinion only counts for so much in our contest). The prize for  good sportsmanship has little monetary value but many would argue that’s not the point!

Cheers!

27 minutes ago, Joerg said:

If this was Paranoia, there would be an exclamation mark at the end of the second sentence...

and if this was Dirty Harry: the RPG there would be a “punk” somewhere in the vicinity of that sentence!

IMPORTANT CONTEST NOTE

You know @Rodney Dangerduck has a point.

We at Wind Word do agree and hope our other two contestants will as well. We have confirmed with our latest entry that he is cool with it. We can have a contest with three entries—no, four now—but we would like to see a few more folks sign up for a chance at our great prizes written and lovingly illustrated by ever so many wonderful people! The fine and grand titles we bestow and of course, the accolades love and adoration of glorantha-philes everywhere are just those little extras, special treats. So, to our great contestants, we hope you will all be okay with this delay and in the spirit of sportsmanship allow us to ramp up the competition a bit more. We talked among ourselves and unanimously (Podcast crew, Judges and our wonderful Sponsors) have decided we would extend Glorantha Has Talent?’s deadline by two weeks to get a bit more interest and beyond interest... ENTRIES!

1. Glorantha Has Talent?new and final deadline will be October the 5th at 12:00 AM or 2400 hours PDT (Pacific Daylight Savings Time) or about 2 weeks and 2 hours from now.

I am taking a bit of a chance here putting this forward without my partners—but I would be willing to say we can have the Prince of Entertainment (our first place winner) appear on the Wind Words podcast to tell us about their fantastic winning work. Woohoo.Heck, maybe even ask Joerg about lore...

Sorry for the delay

Cheers

• Like 1

Fantastic, we now have a  fifth entry. Hey listen, if you lovely folk have questions, this is the forum. Need to meet that lyre player who will guarantee that your epic poem wins? Post here. Don’t understand a rule, ask! But by all means, please do enter. Or tell us why  you are not, we might have a solution, We are batting a thousand so far! We might be able to provide a couple more helpful answers before the 5th of October! Hope to see your questions and entries soon

Cheers