tAo6gl47wUlu1Jp7L47_n_LsRfgJOVPR3hzpyHsNDA621oaEDwvVwbzUe2wBx1DZiVJNH7lGZ479jACjybbrakB4T3gL_34zTwu1kljApIo-FGDldbDAdYwvpkR-PUfGiQCkC-pd

Glorantha has talent, or at least that is the impression amongst our Wind Words podcast crew, and we thought, “why not bring this talent into the spotlight?”

So…. It’s time for a contest!

While our crack team of Mostali craftsmen build us an edifice to house your Gloranthan talent, and our Grey Beard sages argue the minutiae of the rules to judge the competition, and we select the judges with an eye to them being open-minded, unlike Yelm’s Court when Orlanth brought the raucous horn and the radical “new music” to "the contest” let us entice you with some details!

It is my great pleasure and honour (by the grace of silver-tongued Issares and the ever entertaining Orlanth) to bring you this announcement of overflowing Gloranthan Goodness.

Glorantha Has Talent?

Wind Words is audio, and so is our first contest. Okay, so think of an audio friendly entry and how to make it happen. Now you have an idea for an entry, what’s next?  What will you need? A computer, its recording software and a mic, maybe sound FX. found sounds, instruments and/or noisy  friends. We are looking for jokes, filk songs, poems... the standard audio things and beyooooond: Heortling boasts or greetings, myths and folktales told around a crackling fire—you can add crackling fire to your audio files, yes? Plan up to 3 minutes of audio, keep it PG 13, use your imagination, wrap it up all in Gloranthan goodness and push record.

We will accept almost any digital audio formatted entry (let’s say some of you are still operating on a a Wang computer, check with us to see is we can still listen to your file created on it) . Keep an eye here to BRP Central and an ear to our WInd Words’ podcast for more info and the rules in the coming weeks!

Contact us at tribe@windwords.fm or here for questions, help, hugs*, validation* or encouragement.
*Sorry no hugs or validation, Joerg is still open to smuggles

Glorantha, let’s see that talent!

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 8
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, Richard S. said:

I'd better see at least one of these things professionally recorded for someone's entry

You mean that our recording of Pelorian Rhapsody's introduction for Episode 4 of Wind Words doesn't qualify as "professionally recorded"? I'm HURT 😅😂

Edited by lordabdul
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

The Gloranthans Songbook is great.  I've had June Tabor singing "and the Band Played Dance of the Goddess" in my head the past day.  Curse you @Nick Brooke

I've got some other songs at http://gloranthagame.pbworks.com/w/page/135313113/Index

(Scroll down to "Songs related to the Saga").  Trust me, you don't want to hear me singing them...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/12/2020 at 7:58 AM, Nick Brooke said:

I've attached the 2012 edition of the Gloranthan Songbook to this post. Have fun!

Wow! Any one of those songs should be Legendary, and you have an opera's worth! I was humming on the metro and laughing... Fortunately behind a mask. 

So... Hombadaka Boko didn't make the final cut? Knees bend arm stretch ra ra ra!! 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Man, I wish I had any recording equipment and audio editing software

Come to think... There are recording studios where I work. If any French posters want an hours' studio time in Paris, let me know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Man, I wish I had any recording equipment and audio editing software - and, well, some time to record something. :P

You could also just write a joke, a poem, or a short myth, and share it with someone around here willing to record it with their voice!

8 hours ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Man, I wish I had any recording equipment and audio editing software - and, well, some time to record something. :P

Hmm, for your time problem, I find a Tardis to be a great help!

8 hours ago, lordabdul said:

You could also just write a joke, a poem, or a short myth, and share it with someone around here willing to record it with their voice!

Ludo is correct, but note most phones will record, so tell a joke or a story, or a myth, write something and give it to a body with talent instruments millions of dollars worth of gear and... I am getting carried away again aren’t I?

8 hours ago, Nick Underwood said:

Come to think... There are recording studios where I work. If any French posters want an hours' studio time in Paris, let me know.

and of course... there  are people like Nick...

12 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

note most phones will record

Yes, true! Just use your phone's "memo recorder" app or whatever it is you have by default with the phone OS!  We can always add some nice reverb and audience clapping and laughter track and such in post-production!

We will announce soon a place where you can upload those files once you have them.

• Like 1

So folks, as you practice your chops and figure out how you want to record your opus we have not been idle and will have more news for you all relatively soon ( a couple of weeks at the most).

Happy creating

The youngster looked as if he were about to do as his mother had so often predicted he would one day, he looked on the verge of exploding. When his grandfather finally looked over to him  and nodded his permission to speak and handed his the sacred talking feather he had been rolling over in his gnarled and ancient talons for the longest of times, the boy did just that. Words exploded out of his at such a velocity the old man looked startled, eyes as wide and dark as cow patties (just like the trickster did the time that Waha... but that is another tale, In this tale the old man looked startled and then began to laugh and would not stop until the young lad began to beat him with the sacred feather. 

"Stop there grandchild, stop that, you will break the sacred talking feather and then we will never know who’s turn it is to speak.” Holding his sides in pain from the unexpected attack of mirth the old man took his own advice and settled into a serious and sober posture that the boy tried to emulate. 

“Grandpa, howwillIknowwhenIwillbetalentedenough...” he stopped and gulped...starting again he said, “how will I know when I will be talented enough to dance for the heart of my love in the contests?"

The only answer possible...”You will know!"

Pleadingly and a wavering voice very near to a sob, “But when will I know I can dance well enough, sing strongly enough, be good enough for to win my one heart’s love"

Hard like stone, again the answer...”You will know!”, but shortly after a softer voice continued... “by the signs and you will know these signs for they are,” and in a sing song voice he begins to list them:

The Wind will speak in Words you can hear...
The cows will BRP words you can read (and those words will sound like ... Glorantha Has Talent?
and of course you can always go to windwords.fm and see what we have there for you. Both spoken and written. 

The gods and goddesses work in very strange ways! And we are getting very excited as we come close to revealing rules and a guide for the participants... heck some might say we are getting loopy, nay punch drunk. So watch and listen for the signs, here or at our Website or on this month’s Wind Words Podcast.

• Like 1