The Adventure of the Great Hunt - a Quickstart preview of Greg Stafford's "ultimate edition" for the Pendragon RPG

MOB

I can certainly see improvised items providing some defense. One or two points for a wrapped arm, perhaps more for a chair, which will only last a blow or two.

For Shields, I generally use the values from PDP: 12 points for Large (with a -5 to skill), and 9 for Common (medium). I then extrapolate out to 6 for Buckler. I also allow 6 point parries for Swords, thus 4 points for a dagger (an actual 14-16in blade or so dagger, not an oversized kitchen implement) seems about right. 

SDLeary

3 hours ago, Call Me Deacon Blues said:

In regards to Parry value of a dagger, on I wanna say the Discord, David Larkins said that when wielding two weapons, you raise the Parry value by like, 1 I think? Something like that. So yeah, while a dagger by itself has no Parry value, wielding sword and dagger together DOES raise the Parry value.

Yeah, it was in Discord.

He said in 21/10/2010:

"As for wielding two weapons, the new rule is simple: if you are wielding a one-handed weapon in your off-hand, you gain an additional Parry protection value of +2, unless the weapon in your main hand is a sword, in which case the additional value is +1.
(So a hand axe and dagger, say, give you Parry +2, since hand axes normally have Parry 0; a sword and dagger, or sword and hand axe or whatever, would have Parry +4—+3 for the sword, additional +1 for the off-hand weapon. Still not quite as good as a shield, but close!)"

• Helpful 1

• 2 months later...

Our sneak peek of the forthcoming Pendragon 6th Edition core rules and accompanying scenario, Greg Stafford's The Adventure of the Great Hunt, is now available in Japanese!

アップデート:日本語でもご利用いただけるようになりました!

1307929704_GreatHuntinJapanese.thumb.png.b8f97cac8b8f34eafac2816ef76392ef.png

Along with English, Russian, and Italian. All free to download at our Itch.io page:

https://chaosium.itch.io/the-adventure-of-the-great-hunt

• Like 5

• 6 months later...